Question Memory detected but is in hardware reserved

Aug 19, 2022
Okay so a couple of months ago I looked at my pc and I was like I need to clean it so I went ahead removed all the parts Cleaned everything and put back everything until the pc doesn't boot my bother board which is msi x470 gaming had lights that indicates the cpu gpu and ram if it turns red means there is an error which is what happened I boot up and rams lights are red I have a 2x8 ram so i kept changing the rams in the slots until it worked like a coin flip sometimes it works sometimes not I thought everything is fine until I looked in the task manager that it said 16gb and 8gb hardware reserved I looked videos and stuff but nothing happened so im stuck with 8gb rams and i keep saying its because my motherboard isnt getting enough electricity or its a motherboard problem idk full specs below

2x8 corsair vengeance
Msi x470 gaming
Ryzen 5 1500x
1050 ti
3 hard-drives

Last edited:
Okay so a couple of months ago I looked at my pc and I was like I need to clean it so I went ahead removed all the parts Cleaned everything and put back everything until the pc doesn't boot my bother board which is msi x470 gaming had lights that indicates the cpu gpu and ram if it turns red means there is an error which is what happened I boot up and rams lights are red I have a 2x8 ram so i kept changing the rams in the slots until it worked like a coin flip sometimes it works sometimes not I thought everything is fine until I looked in the task manager that it said 16gb and 8gb hardware reserved I looked videos and stuff but nothing happened so im stuck with 8gb rams and i keep saying its because my motherboard isnt getting enough electricity or its a motherboard problem idk full specs below

2x8 corsair vengeance
Msi x470 gaming
Ryzen 5 1500x
1050 ti
3 hard-drives
In the run program type msconfig go to the boot tab select advande in advanced you should see ram cache or memory cache limit it to 3gbs that's all the system itself should ever need

Aug 19, 2022
Yes but if you just pulled everything and reseated it, then this will reset because the system is going to see it as new ram not the og's your used all system will do this and if you mean you did this after reassembling sounds like you didn't submit it properly and restart the system
Okay what exactly should I do in msconfig

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B79v2.1-GSE-LITE.pdf

Verify that I found the applicable User Guide/Manual

From physically numbered Page 29

Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first.

Also are the RAM modules from a matched kit for dual channel use?

Refer to the User Guide/Manual and MSI's website to confirm that both the RAM modules being used and the installation itself is supported.

Aug 19, 2022
Yes its the motherboard and yes its a dual matched kit and the thing is my rams are in the DiMMA2 And the DIMMB2 i really dont want to remove them and put them back because its a coinflip some times they work and sometimes not

Aug 19, 2022
This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B79v2.1-GSE-LITE.pdf

Verify that I found the applicable User Guide/Manual

From physically numbered Page 29

Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first.

Also are the RAM modules from a matched kit for dual channel use?

Refer to the User Guide/Manual and MSI's website to confirm that both the RAM modules being used and the installation itself is supported.
Yo I tried the always insert the memory modules in A2 first and still nothing worked