Question Memory diagnostic tool

Mar 20, 2022
Hi there,

I bought new ram and wanted to test it before my return window expires. I ran the Windows 11 memory diagnostic tool and when I clicked the restart prompt, my computer restarted but the display never came back on, monitor is in sleep mode. I am going to leave it on overnight while waiting to get help on what I should do next. I don't want to have to reformat if I do a hard reset.

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Rams used prior to the new rams? Links to both new and old rams? You could work with memtest86 and see if there are any issues. As for your platform, are you mixing and matching sticks/kits of ram?

For good measure, make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi there,

I bought new ram and wanted to test it before my return window expires. I ran the Windows 11 memory diagnostic tool and when I clicked the restart prompt, my computer restarted but the display never came back on, monitor is in sleep mode. I am going to leave it on overnight while waiting to get help on what I should do next. I don't want to have to reformat if I do a hard reset.

Thanks.
it should have only taken 20 minutes, hold down the restart button on case or hold down power. restart PC and see if loads normally
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-memory-diagnostics-tool-in-windows-7