Memory, Duh!

Do we have a memory expert in the house? I've just recently built a new pc.
I thought the most confusing aspect of selecting parts was trying to choose
memory. The specs are confusing and the prices are wide-ranging. In
frustation, I purchased a gig (512X2) of medium priced pc3200 memory to go
with an AMD 64 +3200 processor. The computer works fine. All the specs
about speed and latency, error-checking, etc, I didn't know what difference
they would make (noticeable, that is). Does anyone want to discuss what's
important and could anyone supply a link to a good, low-level explanation of
what's important in selecting memory? Thanks in advance.

rpilgrim7448@nospam-msn.com`

BP

Tom's Hardware Guide www.tomshardware.com - search articles - memory.