mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
When I built my current system my old one is primarily for my 5 y/o to play with. It is a Dell system (given to me...I would never buy one) and for a couple of months now when I power it down I get a blue screen with an "irq not less than or equal" error message, and it starts a memory dump. Is there a quick fix to this? Would an OS reinstall fix it? If a reinstall will fix it can I reinstall on top of the current system, or do I need to do a reboot.

To back up the hard drive and go through a reformat to save some Barbie games seems a bit much, but if I have to, I'll do it for my daughter!!

Thanks!

Eddie

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
You can try the following but will most likely have to do a clean install. Clear the CMSO, run the diagnostic/repair software from hdd mfg website, run an antivirus program as well as Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware, both free, in Safe Mode, run CCleaner, and Defrag. Depending on how old you daughter is you can have her do it. I had a grand daughter living with me for a couple of years and she was reinstalling Windows when she was 12. Of course I had to walk her through it but she learned to take virus and malware seriously and also knows her way around a computer. Of course she also knows how to get her boyfriend to do all this crap work. :)