Memory Error Gigabyte AB350N + Ryzen 2400G

joshpabraham

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
I've been working over the last few days on my build (listed below), and have done the full roster of troubleshooting suggested by others, but I still can't get my system to display anything on the monitor (monitor and cables work fine, as tested by my laptop).

Ryzen 5 2400G
Gigabyte AB350N Gaming Wifi (Labeled as "ryzen 2000 ready", so BIOS should be compatible)
Seasonic M12ii Bronze 520W PSU

The current status is that I am able to turn on the system, the fans run and the on-board LED lights flash once. The beep code is also one short beep, which according to the Gigabyte is a "memory error." (The beep code might actually be two short beeps, but the first one is barely audible). I've already tried with two sets of 2x4GB RAM sticks, while also doing single channel tests on both slots:

Vengance LPX DDR4-3000
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200

Other things I have tried:

My monitor accepts HDMI and VGA and I have tested both inputs as well as tried getting my PC to run HDMI into my TV, none works.

I have tried reseating my CPU and all the wires, which didn't seem to improve anything.

Any help is appreciated, but at this point my only guess is that the motherboard is DOA...

Mar 10, 2018

My only guess would be you mixing two memory types, as they have varying clock speeds. Have you resolved the issue?