Memory expansion made my system really slow

mnsjrb

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hi Everyone

I have just increased my system memory from 2GB to 4GB and my system is now rally slow when I use a web browser.

Completing this form has taken an age asit takes a few seconds for each keystroke to appear.

Something is clearly wrong but I don't know what. Any ideas?

As per the motherboard instructions I have 4 identical 1GB modules installed.

I'm running Windows 7 - 64 bit on an Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA with an Athlon 64 X2 CPU.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

mnsjrb

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Thnks for the message. I have chcked the system and I don't have either. In actual fact the system seems to work fine, the problem is just that the webbrowsers are slow. So completing this form takes an age for key- strokes to show but I can open other porgrammes like Word and type really easily. Very odd!

mnsjrb

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
I alas have to use IE as my work email uses Outlook with an Exchange server, and it only works properly on IE. That said whenever I use Chrome or Firefox I encounter the same issues so it seems to be a general web browser issue rather than something limited to IE.

Still very puzzling and I haven't been able to find a solution.

mnsjrb

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
PS
I checked the system using my work supplied anti-virus software package - Sophos - and also again using Ad-Aware to check for Malware etc. Neithe found anything of note.