[SOLVED] Memory failure??

Sep 26, 2020
Ok so basically , My ram's rated speed is 2666MHZ , Its running at base clock now which is 2400MHZ , My motherboard supports 2666Mhz i made sure of that , My pc couldn't boot up because of memory failure when i changed from 2400Mhz to 2666Mhz , Why is that? I only had my pc for a month by the way and i dont know much about pcs

Solution
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1900F @ 3.60GHZ ( 4.2 GHZ In game / Turbo boost )
Memory : 8GB HyperX DDR4 2666MHZ HX426C16FB3/8
Motherboard : ASUS prime h310m-r r2.0 Monitor :
Your i3-9100F only supports ram speed up to 2400 without a Z300 series motherboard. You have an H310 motherboard, so you can't go higher than 2400 unless you had an i5 or i7 for 2666 ram speed.
Sep 26, 2020
Haha sorry forgot to post those my bad >:)

GPU : RX 580 oc 8GB ARMOR
ASUS VP228H - LED monitor - Full HD (1080p) - 21.5"
Case : Xigmatek Triple X Mid Tower Case
Operating system : Windows 10 PRO

jasonf2

Distinguished
You RAM has a basic configured profile that is readable by your mother board. That profile is on the SPD of your RAM. Manufactures set these values on a "works on everything" basis. If you do not mess with clocks that is where the RAM will run in "Auto" mode. Companies that make RAM all have a nasty habit of selling "Extreme" versions of RAM with "tested" numbers as their advertised clocks when in reality the SPD numbers are lower. This is where motherboard QVLs usually come in. While your RAM may in theory be stable to the rated specs your motherboard may not be. Good motherboard manufactures will publish a QVL for memory part numbers at rated frequency and you can get a pretty good indicator where your board will top out from that and you should purchase your RAM based off of that sheet and work towards that target.
If you are going to overclock RAM please read this https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ram-overclocking-guide,4693.html . It is pretty comprehensive and will get you going in the right direction. My guess is that you just bumped your clock, but didn't adjust timings or voltage. Just a word of the wise though. Just like any exercise in clocking there is give and take. More often than not to increase clock you have to adjust latency up to compensate. If you are fighting a system for 200 mhz and have to increase your timings at all to stabilize you are more than likely going backwards in real performance. Read the article, it explains it. Another piece from experience. Make sure to test your ram when you think you have a stable clock for an extended period of time. Clocked RAM may pass post and boot but that doesn't mean it is ok. Intermittent glitch hell including graphics messing up, BSOD, program crashes and lockups are pretty common with overclocks that are just on the edge of stable . Make sure you test and make sure that there are no errors.

Last edited:
Your i3-9100F only supports ram speed up to 2400 without a Z300 series motherboard. You have an H310 motherboard, so you can't go higher than 2400 unless you had an i5 or i7 for 2666 ram speed.

Solution