boner

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
ok... i want to know if the A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211066)

will work with my GA-P35 DS3L rev 1.0 or 2.0(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059)

mundungus

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Well I hope so. I just ordered this Motherboard and Memory from New Egg. I can tell you next week.

I just better work.... I'll go friggin rain-man if it doesn't.

dung

tlmck

Distinguished
The Corsair will work, and so will OCZ Platinum of the same timings and price range. I have run both in my DS3L with no problems. I moved the Corsair to another system with an Asus P5B-VM SE that did not like the OCZ for some reason. Both systems are happy now.

mundungus

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
This customer review indicates that it should work just fine:

FrameShift.
Tech Level: high
Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

Pros: Great memory, bios detected timings on first attempt. Neat heat spreaders. Runs cool even at 2.1v.

Cons: None really, heat spreaders I received look like the picture of them in the packaging. I like them a lot.

Other Thoughts: Using a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3L, they work great, haven't attempted to oc them, yet.

- sorry for pulling out the newegg customer review but it is the only info that actually answers the OPs question. I saw plenty of other reviews noting DS3 boards.

dung

ps and CRASHMAN, your choice is just fine and dandy but not cheaper.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I was commenting on supremelaw's choice. You see, these forums used to show who you were responding to, but they don't any longer. Also, you used to be able to select automatic email notification for all responses, you can't any longer. We get pictures, yay, what a screwed up improvement.

The point in responding to supremelaw is so that the op will see both posts. But getting back to his original question, I've tried all the major brands of DDR2-800 and have only been marginally impressed with A-Data.

THG has a review, here's the comparison page:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/02/21/overclocking-9-value-priced-ddr2-800-kits/page8.html#maximum_speed

tlmck

Distinguished

You can use the quote icon(envelop icon in lower right corner of the post) to reply directly to a specific post.

To make a general response to the thread, use the quick reply box.

I also like the new icons on the main forums page that allow you to check on threads you have responded to.

You can select e-mail notification using the check box below the quote response box. You also have the yellow light bulb icon at the top right of this page to select e-mail notification for when the thread has been updated with a new post.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, you can manually select every single freaking time that you want to read the responses. Rather than simply selecting in user preferences that you want to read all responses by default. Let me take a guess on your edit...you probably had to "edit" your message because you forgot to click the "response" box, right?

tlmck

Distinguished

Actually, I edited to include the last sentence about the yellow light bulb. I generally do not use this feature, but thought it might be helpful to others.