[SOLVED] Memory for my new AMD Ryzen build?

zak88lx

Commendable
Mar 6, 2021
Hey all,

I am putting together a new PC, and have already pulled the trigger on some of the components.
One of the remaining items is memory and I was planning on purchasing the G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 4000.

My current hardware is as follows, and I'm hoping this memory will work fine with everything including clearance with the CPU cooler:

-Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ATX AM4 Motherboard
-CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor
-Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Also, any idea on why this same G.Skill memory sold and shipped by NewEgg would have such a price discrepancy?
Am I missing something?

memory.png

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 2838871

Hey all,

I am putting together a new PC, and have already pulled the trigger on some of the components.
One of the remaining items is memory and I was planning on purchasing the G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 4000.

Now that you've sorted out the question I'll chime in and say the G.Skill V series is solid ram... I went with the CL18 modules (2x32GB) for my build. You may even want to research the costs... because when I bought mine in December the 32GB you are looking at was the same price ($240) but the 64GB was only $50 more... so that's what I went with.

Seemed like a better bang for the buck and might be worth considering. Leaves open the option of upgrading to 128GB down the road which I don't see ever happening. I chose the 4000 ram because I read that MSFS2020 loves the fastest ram possible and I wanted the best flight sim experience possible... :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Reactions: zak88lx