Question Memory Frequency/Overclock cpu

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Hi all

i would just like to find out how i can run my ram at its full capacity.i have 2666mhz and its running at 1330,6mhz dram frequency according to cpuid software development unless that means something els.because in my bios its set to 2666mhz but im not sure.

Another question do you think ryzen master is better to OC my CPU? Because i overclocked it via my bios to 3.95ghz but ryzen master seems to do nothing like its a gimmic software?

If i Oc my cpu via ryzen master and go to my bios everything is standard nothings changed its basically factory if thats possible?The only options ryzen master has it basically to change your voltage and what speed you want to overclock to

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
DDR = Double Data Rate.
So what software records (1330.6) should be doubled. 2661.3MHz..... With rounding, that is 2666MHz.

As for RyzenMaster, it depends on the CPU. If 2nd Gen Ryzen, it'll typically boost (with XFR/PBO) to around it max clocks anyway...

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I totally understand now. Thought my memory frequency was all wrong. I have a 2200g. My temps now are 82.6 degrees celcious at 100% is that a good temperature? A have a h115i cooler aswell and that temp is about 38 degrees.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What software are you using to measure temperatures? Sanity check across a few different programs, including RyzenMaster directly from AMD.

What are you doing when achieving these temps? Stress Test (if so, which?), general use, gaming etc?
83'C is on the high side - especially on an H115i..... But that depends on the software used. Some read the 20'C offset IIRC, which would mean you have a ~63'C temp, measured by software that account for it.... which sounds perfectly reasonable - depending on the load, of course.

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
i Tried aida64 and cpu-z. What other softwares are there?

I’m gaming,I’m currently playing devil may cry 5 and those are the temperature readings after around 45min or so.the icue software on my pc shows those temperatures but now it’s gone down to 39+-as I’ve quit the game. Do you think the temperatures aren’t going down because of my airflow configurations?