[SOLVED] Memory Hardware Issues

Feb 26, 2020
Hello! Please help me! I'm very dumb!

About two months ago I installed 16 more GB of RAM in my PC. My specs are as follows:

32 GB 3000mhz DDR4 RAM (all four RAM slots occupied)
Ryzen 5 2600, OC'd to 3.75ghz
ASROCK B450 ProM
Radeon RX 580

Since I installed the new RAM I have had frequent crashes while gaming but not anywhere else. Specifically I play Escape from Tarkov and I have had frequent Unity error crashes, BSOD's and flat out game crashes. I BSOD'd today and got the following error:

What failed: win32kbase.sys
Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

So I googled that. And the internet said it was probably a memory error. The internet recommended running the Windows memory diagnostic tool. So I did. And it told me:

Hardware problems detected.

Now, I have the event logs from the memory diagnostic tool. But, I have no idea how to read them. What's the solution here? All new RAM? Ditch the bad stick or sticks?

Thanks,

Mike

Solution
Your problem is probably the fact that your 4 RAM sticks are not from the same RAM kit. Mixing RAM even when you buy the same brand and model does not 100% guarantee that they will work together.

Remove the RAM that you added and see if you still have the BSOD. If you don't you will know that the RAM you added is not playing well with the already installed RAM. Try the new RAM only and remove the other 2. If it works it will reinforce that they are not working together.
Your problem is probably the fact that your 4 RAM sticks are not from the same RAM kit. Mixing RAM even when you buy the same brand and model does not 100% guarantee that they will work together.

Remove the RAM that you added and see if you still have the BSOD. If you don't you will know that the RAM you added is not playing well with the already installed RAM. Try the new RAM only and remove the other 2. If it works it will reinforce that they are not working together.

Solution
Feb 26, 2020
I was worried that was the case. I'll try and pull the old RAM first. Does the hardware error from the memory diagnostic tool not necessarily mean that some of the sticks are bad?

TRENDING THREADS