Last edited:
Specs:
Ryzen 3600
Asrock B450M mobo
Viper Steel 3200 RAM (8gbx2)
Thermaltake 600W PSU
RX590
All latest drivers/BIOS etc

Issue is my memory seems somehow unstable. Specifically, I am getting freezing in certain games (the computer hangs for about 5-10 seconds then continues without a crash.)
This doesnt happen that often, and seems to happen whether the memory is overclocked or not.
I have it overclocked with XMP at the moment to 3200mhz (which is what the RAM is rated for.) This sets the DRAM voltage automatically to 3.5v.
I ran a 4 pass test with memtest86 with these settings and got no errors.
I am at a loss as to why this memory doesn't quite work and am worried it might be some kind of incompatibility issue (even though this memory is listed as compatiable for this motherbaord.)
Please any advise? Or I may end up having to return this memory and try a diffrent brand.
How do you know it's memory?

Sep 1, 2019
How do you know it's memory?
Well, I was altering the memory settings in the bios to try and get around the issue as best I could, and found that increasing the memory up to 3200mhz manually without any increase in the voltage caused the exact same issues, but more frequently and with more games.
Also, I had these same issues with a diffrent CPU and GPU installed on the same motherboard with the same memory. I also know my SSDs and HDDs should be fine as they are from my old build.

Last edited:
Well, I was altering the memory settings in the bios to try and get around the issue as best I could, and found that increasing the memory up to 3200mhz manually without any increase in the voltage caused the exact same issues, but more frequently and with more games.
Also, I had these same issues with a diffrent CPU and GPU installed on the same motherboard with the same memory. I also know my SSDs and HDDs should be fine as they are from my old build.
Could be the board and have you formatted the drives and fresh installed thewm for the new system?