[SOLVED] Memory interleaving options

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
I have a AB350M-G3 motherboard and I found a option for interleaving memory. I can choose from Die, socket, channel or auto. I have 2x8=16gb single rank modules installed. I want to know which option will be best for my configuration. Should i leave it on auto??

Solution
No you took it wrong. That is a different option. Memory interleaving is dependant on how you populate memory. I wanted to know which is the best option for my RAM configuration.
Basically all you need to do is leave rank interleaving on auto if you are running single sided single rank modules, which is memory chips on one side denoted by 1xR or 1R or 1R8 on the sticker label or product specs webpage. You don't have much need to touch it anyway, but if you do, you would need 2x16GB (dual rank, chips on both side of module) or a 4 module configuration for dual rank. Most of the memory settings on Ryzen systems can be left on auto and the vast majority of end users only need to worry about the primary memory timings.
So memory interleaving is other name for rank interleaving ??
i suppose its the same
it used to be bank interleave, then they called it rank interleave
either way, memory consist of banks and ranks (1R8 - 1 rank 8 banks)

Last edited:

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
i suppose its the same
it used to be bank interleave, then they called it rank interleave
either way, memory consist of banks and ranks (1R8 - 1 rank 8 banks)
No you took it wrong. That is a different option. Memory interleaving is dependant on how you populate memory. I wanted to know which is the best option for my RAM configuration.

Basically all you need to do is leave rank interleaving on auto if you are running single sided single rank modules, which is memory chips on one side denoted by 1xR or 1R or 1R8 on the sticker label or product specs webpage. You don't have much need to touch it anyway, but if you do, you would need 2x16GB (dual rank, chips on both side of module) or a 4 module configuration for dual rank. Most of the memory settings on Ryzen systems can be left on auto and the vast majority of end users only need to worry about the primary memory timings.

Last edited:
Solution