Question Memory issue, doesnt run above 2400mhz, please help, FRUSTRATING :(

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
So i've had these hyperx fury rgb memory modules rated at 3200mhz for about 6 months now and i had the same issue when i first got them and its just that they will never work above 2400mhz and if i raise the frequency above 2400mhz , even at 2666mhz , my pc would not post and take me back to the bios screen stating that it had failed to post because of instability. i somehow got them to work at 3000mhz for a few months using 1.38 dram voltage and a timing of 16-18-18-18-36 and a trfc of 460 and a trc of 57 or 58 , and rtt_nom set to rzq/7 and rtt_park set to rzq/5 and rtt_wr set to disabled along with power down mode set to disabled, i had to do all this to get it running at that speed, jus why does this even happen anyways , but well now it doesnt even run at anything above 2400mhz even with the settings above... WHYY :(

pc specs-
asus prime b450mk
ryzen 5 3400g @4.2 ghz
rx vega 11 @ 1700mhz
hyperx fury rgb rated at 3200mhz but cant even run above 2400mhz
some random 1tb hdd
500w 83+ psu (zalman wattbit)

please help me if u can, im so frustrated, my bios is on the latest version too, this issue just suddenly happened like i havent even done anything :( , it happened after i changed my vega 11's freuqency to 1660mhz and then my pc failed to post but it posted later on with 1700mhz for the vega 11 and the ram couldnt be set to 3000 again and never to 3200mhz , i reset the bios countless times and finally i dont think the graphics relate anyway to the ram... and again, please help if u can this is just so frustrating.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
Im not sure what that's about sorry. Hmm nothing is helping. Im wondering if you should return the ram for Bdie kit CL 14. CL 14 will be Bdie, the most successful ram for 1st gen.
Please help me , this is just so frustrating... where is the problem now... my pc doesnt even work anymore, the lights and fans spin but the keyboard and mouse and monitor dont light up , did anything happen to the motherboard?

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
Reset cmos. Downloading bios wouldn't cause this or do you mean you flashed the motherboard?
I did reset cmos by removing the motherboard battery a few times and waiting for like 5 mins or even more . Now heres whst i've done , i downloaded the older bios on a usb flash drive amd then i booted from that one, and once it was done changing my bios amd everything was done, i shut down my pc from the power button as stated in the video i watched , well he didnt say use the power button but he said to shut it down , and after thst i doesnt work now .... and yeah i think i was flashing it with the usb

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
What version did you flash to? Have you got r5 3400g or r5 pro 3400g? First 3400g bios support since 1201 and the pro version need from 1804.
I have the r5 3400g , i flashed it to the 1820 version , and at the end when it finished everything and then some /c command appeared i shut down the pc from the power button and then it never worked again ... whats frustrsting me isnt the fact thst im gonna have to buy a new motherboard but the fact thst the ram may not run at the specified 3200mhz speed again so idk where the problem is rn and its just so frustrsting

boju

Titan
Ambassador
After c:\ the flash was completed. This method has bricked motherboard's for people in the comments downloading the wrong Bios revision which Ezflash would have validated first before proceeding. This utility in the video forces flash if Ezflash doesn't allow flashing to an older version. Did you try Ezflash utility first?

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
After c:\ the flash was completed. This method has bricked motherboard's for people in the comments downloading the wrong Bios revision which Ezflash would have validated first before proceeding. This utility in the video forces flash if Ezflash doesn't allow flashing to an older version. Did you try Ezflash utility first?
Yes i did try ezflash first and it didnt load the bios so i just followed the steps in the video , was there a certain way to shutdown the pc rsther than using the power button ?

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
Shutting down the pc wouldn't have caused that. The utility was finished and was just sitting at dos prompt.

Where did you get the Bios file from?
I downloaded it from the official asus website for the prime b450mk , i really hope it isnt bricked but the pc doesnt turn on , like the fans run but the screen is blank

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
Ok might be able to get out of this. See manual on bios update and see section crashfree bios.

Soo i just keep the flashdrive in the pc and turn it on ? How do i do this :((
alright i really have to sleep rn , sorry its sooo late like its 6 am , i'll wake up in 2 hours
Please try to see if i can do this crashfree bios thingy 😔

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
If it works and you get Bios screen, load Bios defaults. F5.
Heyy i tried it a few times with the flash drive in the front io port and pressed the power button to turn it on but ihe screen is still blank, or do i have to do something else ? Honestly i think this motherboard is cursed 0-0