Question Memory Issue - RAM defaulting to 2133Mhz & not being able to use more than 16gb/32gb without programs crashing.

Feb 5, 2023
Hi, I am looking for some help to try and find out what is the problem with my RAM/CPU/MOBO. My problem is in the BIOS my RAM defaults to 2133Mhz even when I have selected the XMP profile and entered numbers manually. The other issue is I can only use 16gb/32gb of RAM (Windows shows 32Gb of usable RAM) before programs start to crash or not launch. I have tried both sticks individually and both seem to work,I have also tried them in A1/B1 aswell as in A2/B2 and both methods work but still only at 2133MHz. I have not had any PC crashes or blue screens either.

SPECS:
MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS WIFI II
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
RAM: Dual-Channel Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 32GB (2x16gb) 3200MHz C18 - black (https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categ.../Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW32GX4M2C3200C18)

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023
I have come across a couple of other people who have the same issue of not being able to use more than half their total RAM without problems. I am wondering if this may be a Windows/AMD issue of some kind that has happened recently? My brother has an Intel CPU and his ram is working fine.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS