Memory Issue XMP BIOS G.SKILL Flare X DDR4 3200 C14 2x8GB

Jan 3, 2019
Hey, I recently got some new memory, (G.SKILL Flare X DDR4 3200 C14 2x8GB) and according to UserBenchmark it is performing below potential (7th percentile) and UserBenchmark is asking me to ensure a dual+ channel xmp BIOS profile is enabled. I have already gone into BIOS and selected profile1 under the XMP options, is there anything else I can do?
Thanks for any help

Lutfij

Titan
Please don't use UserBenchmark to tell you if your system is underperforming. I wouldn't listen to it even if it was the only site on the www after an apocalypse.

Considering how this is a thread of troubleshooting nature, you might want to start off with the specs to your system, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

We will also need you to mention which BIOS you're on and which slots are occupied on your board.

Jan 3, 2019
sure, sorry my specs are:

CPU: i5-9600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M D3H-CF
RAM: G.SKILL Flare X DDR4 3200 C14 2x8GB
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
GPU: GTX 960
PSU: unkown but it's 600W
Chassis: if you mean my case it's custom but fits everything well

Bios: American Megatrends INC. F11, 17/09/2018

The ram sticks occupy slots 2 and 4 when counting (using 1 as the slot closest to the processor)

Thanks for any help :D

Jan 3, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tlpapae : "XMP Memory Issue G.SKILL"

Hey, I recently got some new memory, (G.SKILL Flare X DDR4 3200 C14 2x8GB) and according to UserBenchmark it is performing below potential (7th percentile) and UserBenchmark is asking me to ensure a dual+ channel xmp BIOS profile is enabled. I have already gone into BIOS and selected profile1 under the XMP options, is there anything else I can do?

CPU: Intel i5-9600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M D3H
RAM: G.SKILL Flare X DDR4 3200 C14 2x8GB
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
GPU: GTX 960
PSU: unkown but it's 600W
Chassis: if you mean my case it's custom but fits everything well

Bios: American Megatrends INC. F11, 17/09/2018

The ram sticks occupy slots 2 and 4 when counting (using 1 as the slot closest to the processor)

Thanks for any help :D

Lutfij

Titan
Stop creating multiple threads on one topic. It only creates a mess for the community. Having your thoughts on one thread gives you consistent answers.

What are you expecting from your system? You're still using Userbench to tell you what is right or wrong. Yet, you picked out a B360 chipset board and paired it with a ram kit and a processor that are both capable of overclocking. If I were you, I'd have picked a Z390 chipset board to compliment the K suffix processor and the high spec'd ram.

You're on the latest BIOS and the highest you can go for your ram, while on the B360 chipset is DDR4-2666MHz. You also haven't found out the make and model of your PSU?

Jan 3, 2019
I can't figure out the type of PSU i have as my family threw out the box it came in a while ago, and google seems to think I can't find out through software. I don't have any idea what i'm doing, these parts were a gift from extended family, and I'm not sure how to overclock etc. Please be patient as I am very new to all of this stuff. Is there anything I can do with the current motherboard or will I have to buy a z390 board and move everything over to get everything to work smoothly. IN any case, is the current setup actually limiting anything severly.