memory latency (windows 8.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja.jordan18

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
i have 8gb ram in my laptop i always got micro stuttering lowerring the graphics remove the stuttering but makes it looks bad can u guys help me how to fix it without spend my money

raja.jordan18

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

i got slow loading on openworld games example : while driving and turn (right or left) fps drop from 30 to 15 then goes back to 30 again and even worse when in high speed, my system spec are
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz
- Intel HD 3000
- DDR3 8gb ram (one is 1333mhz the other one is 1600mhz)
- 500 gb HDD (5400rpm)

raja.jordan18

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

is IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers driver causing it? or the DRAM controller?

Nov 4, 2018
Just a slow piece of hardware. Without better physical hardware it isn't going to get any better.

There's no software side solution to this, your only option would be to go out and spend some money to replace the drive.

5400rpm is seriously slow as all hell by today's standards.

Nov 4, 2018
Could yopu go grab speccy for use and take a screenshot of both the summary page and the storage pag. Getting a better idea of individual specs would help a lot in suggesting an upgrade path.

raja.jordan18

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

ppY9FzR

https://imgur.com/ppY9FzR

Nov 4, 2018
owowowowowowow.

Ok so your running an ultraslim laptop, that actually explains a lot about the weak drive. Upgrading that if it's at all possibble could be an enormous pain as i doubt standard desktop drives will fit, and laptop drives tend to be expensive and thats assuming your laptop even supports changing the drive and that a faster drive exists, so far i'm not turning one up.

TBH given service costs you could probably buy a much better desktop for the same cost as upgrading the drive. Ultraslim laptops are great for portability, but they're garbage for anythimg more demanding than word, excel, and web-browsing.

raja.jordan18

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

ouh..... alright

Nov 4, 2018
Sorry i couldn't offor better solutions.

My personal rules of thumb when it comes to IT can roughly be summarized, (remembering that in cost efficiency per performance standard desktops are best whilst ultrathin notebooks and laptops are worst), as follows:

In Tech Support 90% of software errors are not software errors but user errors, (not aimed at you btw, just the starting point).

In Tech Support 90% of actual errors are with the software.

In tech Support 90% of those Software errors are due to Viruses, Malware, and corruption caused by them.

In Tech Support 90% of performance issues are with the hardware.

In Tech Support 90% of the monetary cost is hardware

In Tech Support 90% of the time is software.

If your system was a desktop, you could fix it for 50-60 UK pounds, (no idea what country your in), plus paying someone to install it, (a few tens of pounds at most), a laptop just to get and install an exact duplicate of your current drive would cost you £150 pounds, and given the specialized knowledge and tools, (and drive cloning), likely required to install it, probably the better part of a £100 in techie costs. Getting somthing better is going to cost you a good bit more if you can even find it.

Nov 4, 2018
Depends a lot on the specific drive. A Seagate Barracuda Pro will do fine, bargain basement models not so much. Ideally look at what your going to do and then come ask if what your thinking of buying is good basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.