Memory Leak Please Help

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
V2OkxJE.png

kwSx7ou.png

after installing black ops 3 beta the memory leak issue started but it doesn't happen all the time like sometimes the memory leak will starts after an hour sometimes after some minutes or whenever i close any kind of game etc. its been 3 days that i am facing this problem please help

My PC Specifications:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 overclocked @4.6ghz
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212
GPU: Asus R9 280x not overclocked
RAM: 12gb (4+8) corsair 4gb 1333mhz and hynix 8gb 1600mhz but both ram's are running at 1800mhz
MOBO: ASRock FATAL1TY 990FX KILLER
PSU: Corsair TX750 Enthusiast Series

Solution

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hello,

This may be a possible malware, virus or spyware or you currently have outdated or faulty drivers on your PC.
We would recommend to try the following;

- Run a full virus scan
- Update all your drivers, the most basic drivers are sound, graphics, and network drivers, which are often the root cause of memory leaks as reported by several affected users, following the Windows 10 upgrade.

You may try as well to disable the Runtime Broker to fix high CPU and memory usage. Runtime Broker is one of the system's process which often consumes a large portion of the CPU cycles, due to its poor memory optimization..
To disable;
- Go to Start menu > Settings app and then open System > Notifications & Actions. Deselect the option "Show me tips about Windows" and reboot the computer.

This should help fix your memory leak on your PC.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

doesn't work :(

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

i have been using this setup for a year now without any issues

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

well yeah :p

Slashgeek

Admirable

Hi,

Kindly try to manually disabling the network data usage driver (the culprit) by following these steps:

- Open up "regedit" and go this key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu

- Change the "Start" value to 4 (to disable it).

This may be the cause of your network usage that is using too much of your CPU.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

actually i was downloading something that time when i took the screenshot.

i ran a virus scan and found 12 viruses. All cleaned up now so lets see what happens.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

the problem still exists :(

Slashgeek

Admirable

Hello,

Kindly refer to this video tutorial, it may help fix your memory leak.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_yv-sZxub4&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

the value is already 2 by default so ?

Slashgeek

Admirable

Hmmm... Has it made any improvements on your memory leak? or does it still occur?

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

still occurs :(

Memory leak is in non paged pool. Run poolmon.exe and read the pool tag for the driver that is using yor non paged pool. Then look up the pool tag to find the name of the driver. or use find star to grep your drivers directory for the pool tag. thie will give you the name of the driver.

You could also Google, how to force a memory dump using a keyboard. Make the registry settings. Set your memory dump type to kernel. The next time you have the problem, force a memory dump, put your kernel dump on a server an post a link.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

I Finally fixed my problem :) with the help of a software called adwcleaner this software saved my life twice now seriously this software is better than any antivirus software out there.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

I Finally fixed my problem :) with the help of a software called adwcleaner this software saved my life twice now seriously this software is better than any antivirus software out there.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

nvm i still have the issue -__-

google poolmon.exe and download if from the windows device driver kit.http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ntdebugging/archive/2012/08/30/troubleshooting-pool-leaks-part-2-poolmon.aspx

you could also force a kernel memory dump with a keyboard put the memory dump on a server and post a link and have someone with a windows debugger take a look.

how to force a memory dump with a keyboard:
http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN283146/EN
how to change memory dump type to kernel:
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/111474.aspx

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

pB35jin.png

i think i have found which driver is causing the issue. As you can see the tag is called "Wfpn" this one is a pooltag for netio.sys so that means my killer network interface is causing the memory leak. Cause i don't remember updating the driver of that so i will update the driver now and let you know how it goes.

yep, it will be a network driver as the most likely cause.
(can sometimes be a bluetooth driver or a usb wireless driver but the killer ethernet drivers are a common source of problems)

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

Tried to update my driver but its already up to date so i disabled the Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver by executing this command "sc config NDU start= disabled" and it fixed my problem
Thank you so much for helping me without your help i wouldn't have find my problem Thank you so much :)

Solution

Darth Persson

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Hello,

Sorry for bringing up such an old post, but I have this problem and have tried every solution I have found so far - but with no success.
When I run poolmon.exe I get Wfpn and NDNB listed as the memory leak culprits. I tried the "sc config NDU start= disabled" which didn't change anything. I also tried changing Start value in regedit for Ndu to "4" but still nothing changed. I have an MSI motherboard with Killer network built-in, but I uninstalled all Killer software and only reinstalled the driver. Only the Win 7 driver works for me, even though I have Windows 10.

Getting really desperate. Any other possible solutions?

rla1999

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014

I was able to fix my memory problem by doing the following:

1. Update all drivers, including NVIDIA 368.22. Restarted a few times.
2. Set virtual memory to let it be chosen by Windows.
3. Uninstalled programs I did not use.
4. Unistalled AVG. Don't really need it.
5. Followed these steps:

Step 1. Hit Windows Key + R Type in Regedit and then hit Enter.

Step 2. Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management in the editor.

Step 3. Find ClearPageFileAtShutDown and change its value to 1.

Step 4. Restart the computer.

After all these steps, no more issues with being kicked out due to memory problems.