[SOLVED] Memory loss

Jun 29, 2020
Hi everyone

Im kinda new here ;)

I have a problem with my memory usage. I already had a 2x2gb ram and i brought another 4gb ram stick. The thing is that in system settings it shows that memory usage is 3.99 out of 8!

Anybody can help me pls
sorry for bad english

Solution
I have a P7H55 asus motherboard btw. The only thing it does show me is that i have use memory 4088 or something. I bought another 4gb ram stick. so now i have 2x4gb( i remover the other 2's) and still have the same problem. All is said that 3.99 usage. I cant seem to update bios and i already tried the msconfig maximum memory option.
When you look in this old thread https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ling-new-ram-modules-asus-p7h55-usb3.1284892/
it seems that this motherboard is very sensitive to the type of memory sticks used

Aus-ling

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
So you have 2 x 2gb stick and you bought a 4gb stick?
If this is correct, you really dont want to be mixing different ram capacities. Say you have 4 slots, you could fill them up with all 2gb sticks or all 4gb sticks. Not a mixture.

Also you need to ensure you motherboard can support a full 4gb stick.

Jun 29, 2020
I have a P7H55 asus motherboard btw. The only thing it does show me is that i have use memory 4088 or something. I bought another 4gb ram stick. so now i have 2x4gb( i remover the other 2's) and still have the same problem. All is said that 3.99 usage. I cant seem to update bios and i already tried the msconfig maximum memory option.

When you look in this old thread https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ling-new-ram-modules-asus-p7h55-usb3.1284892/
it seems that this motherboard is very sensitive to the type of memory sticks used

Solution
Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone

Im kinda new here ;)

I have a problem with my memory usage. I already had a 2x2gb ram and i brought another 4gb ram stick. The thing is that in system settings it shows that memory usage is 3.99 out of 8!

Anybody can help me pls
sorry for bad english
even i had the same problem.