Memory management and Page fault in nonpaged area

MarkedOne66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
Today i started getting random BSODs :((( i am hopeless... i dont know hwat is causeing it.. i read i should update bios but theres no update on my BIOS! .... my rig is Lenovo Ideapad Y580, i7 3630QM 2,4GHz, + Nvidia GTX660M, I also posted you the 2 errors... if oyu need more info TELL ME what to do.. what i can give you , you have here. Also... my computer is lagging a lot since then... i DONT want to reinstal win NOW..i wave school projects in my laptop and stuff i cant afford a reinstall now pls tell me its not neccesary and we can solve this ;(

Most likely your memory is dead. Try taking out one of the memory sticks and checking if it crashes, then try the other. If one works and the other doesn't, just buy a new identical memory (or just buy a new pair, usually cheaper)

And regardless of that, go buy an external drive and back up your files. That way you'll have no worries if you need to reformat at some point.

MarkedOne66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015

I did a standard memorydiag. on both of them together (so that both were in the laptop) ... It didnt showed any errors.. should i remove one and run again but Extended memtest ? or any other diagnostic tool, i dont kow how good is the basic one in windows.

Just take out the memory and just run the system normally. If it stops crashing, it was the memory.

Caesar_1

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
Well it could be a virus or a program which is causing this problem so first I recommend you to perform a virus scan ( Preferred antivirus 360 Total Security ) and also try to remember the last program you installed if its unnecessary then uninstall it. If there are any unnecessary software uninstall that.

Even if the problem persist try this link :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-bluescreen-error-0x00000050-page-fault-in-non/92e246ce-c679-4c22-8eb0-02bef6a11dc5?auth=1

MarkedOne66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015

I did a full scan with NOD32 form ESET and nothing, even with roguekiler i looked for bitcoin miners and stuff like that. I didnt installed anyhting recently... only thing that was wierd was... the steam (the game client) got bugged... showed error: Steam bootstrapper fialed or smthing liek that... and after that everytime i ran Steam it updated and froze up... i uninstalled it and it left 1 single DIR that i cannot even dete.. but.. i removed that HDD from my PC cause crystal disk showed me its status as "caution" ... i put in a good HDD i used as external... but the BSOD persisted so i guess its something else.. probably the memory... now i RUn an extended test (took 6h) on 1 of them... NO problems found tho.. so i guess this one is OK, ill keep using only 4GB and see if it happens again... tommotrow ill change them and ill see.... I will keep you updated.. till them. thanks for all the advice. I will report back soon. :)

If it works for a reasonable amount of time on one stick it's probably the memory. If it keeps working by tomorrow, plan to buy new memory, and just make sure to get the same model if you buy only one stick... or you can just buy a new pair and not have to worry about performance loss

MarkedOne66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015

When i bougth it it had 2 (blue) kingstons in it but it was 4+2 GB.. i wanted 8.. so i changed the 2 for 4GB also kingston but its different... now i took out the 4GB original and in there is the latest one i bougth. I rly hope its the manufactured one not the one i bougth cause then i can buy the exact same RAM, if its the other one... i will struggle cause u cant buy a memory like that, it comes with the Laptop and they are slightly different.

i will keep running on this one for a while to see if its ok.

MarkedOne66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015

yes if i buy both new.. but i cant buy the exact same that i had in it when i bougth it. At least not in Slovakia :)

copy your memory dumps from c:\windows\minidump directory to a server like microsoft onedrive, mark the files for public access and post a link.

Memory management bugchecks means the contents of the memory were incorrect, it can be a problem with the physical ram, or any number of other causes. IE disk errors, bios timings, overclocking, overheating, other drivers corrupting the contents of data in memory.
Generally you want to look at the suberror codes in the bugcheck to get a better idea of the type of problem with the data stored in your RAM.

MarkedOne66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015

could it be also temporary? .. thats nothing is wrong with the HW? .. cause im testing one by one.. and everything goes fine.... jesus.. I HATE compoters i nthis way.. They Brake.. start doing sh*t... untill they get you into depressio.. then you start solving it.. testing.. and voila.. everything goes fine... What caused that? its even MORE terrifying :(

Generally not a random or temporary problem. If a driver corrupts memory, it corrupts the data in memory next to its data. Windows loads driver in different orders on each boot up. This tends to cause the problems to move around, depending on what data gets corrupted. Only certain critical Windows files actually check for corruption. I.e. Data in memory is still corrupted but it depends on what data gets corrupted to determine how long until you your system bug checks. ( or if it bug checks at all)

MarkedOne66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
And one more thing... my HDD showed "Caution" ... i guess its broken.. i changed it... not its more than 24h and no BSOD at all.. i played games... did stuff like every other day and nothing.. i really dont get it. Is it possible that something on the HDD that i removed caused it ?

Drives can be a source of memory management errors, the data in physical memory is swapped to to and from the pagefile.sys. Disk errors can cause the data to become corrupted. Generally, the memory management sub error code would indicated a CRC error in that case. Give it a week or two to see if your problem has gone away.

MarkedOne66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
Ok, i will give it a time. it seems to be running properrly now... we will see... Thanks till then :)

TRENDING THREADS