[SOLVED] Memory Management BSOD after a while

Mar 14, 2019
It's been like a month since I had one of these which I think was to do with dualshock drivers or something. But recently they have popped up again and happened like 3 times in the last 2 weeks. (I have not plugged the controller in and I am pretty sure the drivers were uninstalled.)
I managed to recover one minidump here.

Solution
I would get it looked at, if the PC acts like that at startup for a repair place, they should at least try to fix that. That isn't normal. We tested almost everything in PC apart from motherboard and PSU and those 2 are difficult to do without spare parts. Tell them the results of Prime 95, if they clued in they might know how to fix it.

I wouldn't change voltages without knowing what I was doing... I haven't done it myself so am not prepared to tell you to do it.. though it might be perfectly safe. I don't know. I gave you the quotes as examples, not as suggestions :)

I had hoped someone else would comment in here after asking for help yesterday but so far not.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums REVLX!

I have debugged your dump file and you can view the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/6ceZ.html

BugCheck 1A, {61941, 55d8f738, d, ffff858d59a37a00}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)

# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000061941, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: 0000000055d8f738
Arg3: 000000000000000d
Arg4: ffff858d59a37a00

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: csgo.exe
MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module
IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

The paging hierarchy is corrupt. Parameter 2 is a pointer to the virtual address which caused the fault.

It was interesting because I couldn't grab the module in question from this - so I'd also politely ask if @gardenman could also run this just to see if he achieves the same result.

Some initial things to consider:

• As with every memory management error, it is best practice to run memtest on your modules to verify if your RAM is faulty.
  • Your BIOS version is F2, the latest BIOS for your motherboard is F12, so you may want to update this.
  • There is known to be some issues with Gigabyte chipset and app drivers.
Also await others to add their expertise to the matter.

Edit: corrected my BIOS comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: REVLX
Mar 14, 2019
Welcome to the forums REVLX!

I have debugged your dump file and you can view the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/6ceZ.html

BugCheck 1A, {61941, 55d8f738, d, ffff858d59a37a00}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)

# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000061941, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: 0000000055d8f738
Arg3: 000000000000000d
Arg4: ffff858d59a37a00

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: csgo.exe
MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module
IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

The paging hierarchy is corrupt. Parameter 2 is a pointer to the virtual address which caused the fault.

It was interesting because I couldn't grab the module in question from this - so I'd also politely ask if @gardenman could also run this just to see if he achieves the same result.

Some initial things to consider:
  • As with every memory management error, it is best practice to run memtest on your modules to verify if your RAM is faulty.
  • I could not grab your BIOS version from the dmp file, the latest BIOS for your motherboard is F12, so you may want to update this if your version is earlier than this.
  • There is known to be some issues with Gigabyte chipset and app drivers.
Also await others to add their expertise to the matter.
I remember memtest reporting no errors a few months ago unless it's changed since then. I do think my bios is outdated but I feel like I would somehow mess up the update and ruin the PC.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I remember memtest reporting no errors a few months ago unless it's changed since then. I do think my bios is outdated but I feel like I would somehow mess up the update and ruin the PC.
Well if the memtest predates your issue occurring, it is best to run it again, as RAM can become faulty.

This is just a first step. As its always best practice with a memory management BSOD with no initially obvious cause.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I looked at the dump and got the same [results].
File information:060519-14765-01.dmp (Jun 5 2019 - 14:48:54)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: csgo.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/H310M-A-rev-10#kf
There is a BIOS update available for your system (version F12). You are using version F2. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: REVLX and PC Tailor

Colif

Win 11 Master
NO, I don't blame the game, more likely something running while you play it or it could be the game uses parts of ram not normally used

if ram tests out OK, what WIndows classifies as memory is also storage drives so what hdd do you have?

try running driver verifier again. It should tell us if its another driver, none stand out like last time. Its possible we missed one since you get same error in same game. Not all new drivers are perfect, they just stand out less than say old ones do. No scarlet crush this time (yay)... oldest drivers are from 2017

win 10 runs certain processes only when its idle, so it could have been doing any number of things like indexing hdd, defragging drives, and several others I can't think of right now. So its unclear what might be cause of idle crashes, especially without the dumps :)

Mar 14, 2019
NO, I don't blame the game, more likely something running while you play it or it could be the game uses parts of ram not normally used

if ram tests out OK, what WIndows classifies as memory is also storage drives so what hdd do you have?

try running driver verifier again. It should tell us if its another driver, none stand out like last time. Its possible we missed one since you get same error in same game. Not all new drivers are perfect, they just stand out less than say old ones do. No scarlet crush this time (yay)... oldest drivers are from 2017

win 10 runs certain processes only when its idle, so it could have been doing any number of things like indexing hdd, defragging drives, and several others I can't think of right now. So its unclear what might be cause of idle crashes, especially without the dumps :)
Mem Test of 4 passes passed (free version). This is my hdd. How do I run that again, because I do remember trying that before and it would always result in like a bsod which then I would have to boot into safe mode and reset the settings?

Mar 14, 2019
Right, so the HDD scan passed (I did the extensive option), I ran Driver Verifier using that link and following all the instructions but everytime it booted I would log in and the pc would just reboot. So I didn't face any BSOD's but it was strange.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Update the BIOS, you are on version F2, current is F12 (difference is only 5 BIOS) - that could fix it as well.

so hdd seems ok, memory tests 4 tests on each stick) passed.
Driver verifier finding no drivers at fault...
try running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool
also try running this on CPU - Prime95

The memory controller is on the CPU, so have to make sure its okay.

Mar 14, 2019
Update the BIOS, you are on version F2, current is F12 (difference is only 5 BIOS) - that could fix it as well.

so hdd seems ok, memory tests 4 tests on each stick) passed.
Driver verifier finding no drivers at fault...
try running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool
also try running this on CPU - Prime95

The memory controller is on the CPU, so have to make sure its okay.
Right so, Tne intel CPU test passed, for the other one am I meant to leave it open for like a certain time period? I finally updated the bios and didn't mess up the PC so yay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your ram isn't on the motherboards list of supported ram.

Motherboard ram: F4-2400C15-4GVR 15-15-15-35 1.2v 2133 (https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15d-8gvr )

there is ram from maker but not exact codes
G.SKILL 4GB 1Rx8 F4-2400C15Q-16GRR SS Micron 15-15-15-35 1.2v v v v 2133 (https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15q-16grk )
G.SKILL 8GB 2Rx8 F4-2400C15Q-32GRR DS Micron 15-15-15-35 1.2v v v v 2133
G.SKILL 8GB 2Rx8 F4-2400C15Q2-64GRK DS 15-15-15-35 1.2v v v v 2133

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_h310m-a.pdf

I think it is close enough really. Only difference I can see between yours and top one on their list, is the top is Quad channel, yours is Dual

IRQ errors can be drivers or ram... we have checked both. So have to look further afield

Specs:
I3 - 8100
8GB RipJaw Ram DDR4
1TB HDD
240GB SSD Kingston
MSI GTX 1050TI - 4GB
Gigabite H310M Motherboard

What power supply do you have?

Mar 14, 2019
Your ram isn't on the motherboards list of supported ram.

Motherboard ram: F4-2400C15-4GVR 15-15-15-35 1.2v 2133 (https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15d-8gvr )

there is ram from maker but not exact codes
G.SKILL 4GB 1Rx8 F4-2400C15Q-16GRR SS Micron 15-15-15-35 1.2v v v v 2133 (https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15q-16grk )
G.SKILL 8GB 2Rx8 F4-2400C15Q-32GRR DS Micron 15-15-15-35 1.2v v v v 2133
G.SKILL 8GB 2Rx8 F4-2400C15Q2-64GRK DS 15-15-15-35 1.2v v v v 2133

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_h310m-a.pdf

I think it is close enough really. Only difference I can see between yours and top one on their list, is the top is Quad channel, yours is Dual

IRQ errors can be drivers or ram... we have checked both. So have to look further afield

What power supply do you have?
Hmmmm. This is my power supply.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Shouldn't be a bad power supply - but the PSU does have a 5 year warranty and it is the 2015 model.
May be worth verifying voltages on your rails to ensure they meet specifications - you can do this in HWInfo - or use a multimeter yourself (but this only shows idle load).

Technically just swapping the PSU for another good quality working unit would identify the issue, but the above can help identify anything obvious if the swap is not easily /quickly doable.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know PSU well enough to tell if it is a good model or not, so I have asked someone else. Unless its certain brands I can't tell if any of them good or not... hence I don't answer questions in the power supply section. If it were made by Seasonic I would know answer to be good...

the obvious causes seem to be behind us.

it should be okay but still worth testing if you can

wonders why we didn't check the ssd - could run this and check its health: https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I don't know PSU well enough to tell if it is a good model or not, so I have asked someone else. Unless its certain brands I can't tell if any of them good or not... hence I don't answer questions in the power supply section. If it were made by Seasonic I would know answer to be good...

It's not a great model, the newer CX models are good, not the 2015 CXM as much from my recollection.
Roughly tier 3.

Mar 14, 2019
Shouldn't be a bad power supply - but the PSU does have a 5 year warranty and it is the 2015 model.
May be worth verifying voltages on your rails to ensure they meet specifications - you can do this in HWInfo - or use a multimeter yourself (but this only shows idle load).

Technically just swapping the PSU for another good quality working unit would identify the issue, but the above can help identify anything obvious if the swap is not easily /quickly doable.

it should be okay but still worth testing if you can

wonders why we didn't check the ssd - could run this and check its health: https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager
Kingston Test - Everything was on a full bar on green so I assume that's good apart from tempature which was still green but value of 70.

WHinfo - I saved a report which is here.

Colif

Win 11 Master
best thing to do is
open hwinfo in sensors only view
when it opens, click on the icon between the clock and Configure sensors and set it to log all sensors. Save it somewhere you will find again, and run logging it until you crash. MIght need to make new log each day if it doesn't crash right away.

upload the log files to same site, you can open them in excel. If we can't figure this out I will get more help. we are running out of parts to test here.

Cleaned inside case recently?

did you manage to finish Prime95 or did it bsod while you ran it?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019
best thing to do is
open hwinfo in sensors only view
when it opens, click on the icon between the clock and Configure sensors and set it to log all sensors. Save it somewhere you will find again, and run logging it until you crash. MIght need to make new log each day if it doesn't crash right away.

upload the log files to same site, you can open them in excel. If we can't figure this out I will get more help. we are running out of parts to test here.

Cleaned inside case recently?

did you manage to finish Prime95 or did it bsod while you ran it?
I am unsure what to do with Prime96 because it looks confusing xD. Do I just do a stress test? I haven't checked the case in a few months so should probably do that, although I remember it not having barely any dust after like 2 months use.