Question "Memory management" BSOD (almost) everytime i restart my PC.

Nov 8, 2018
Hello world,

This has been going on for a year right now atleast, sometimes more often and sometimes less. When i restart my PC it will go through the asus logo and almost boots up, then i get a memory management BSOD , which after like 10 seconds later my PC restarts itself normally again, everything works like charm.

I got a new HDD a while back and after that, there was 0 memory management BSOD:s.

But now it suddenly became reality again. So thats why im here, i want to figure out why.is.this.happening.

Thanks.

My specs:

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming

Processor: Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @3.50GHz

Memory: 16,00 GB RAM

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Motherboard: ZI70 Pro Gaming

Have you done a memtest on each stick one at a time? Also have you checked in control panel through system, advanced settings, advanced tab, performance settings, visual effects-let windows decide, then go to advanced tab, virtual memory, click on change, make sure your drive is being managed by computer and make sure the memory is same or larger than recommended amount.

Hi,

By memtest do you mean the one when you restart your pc and there is like progress bars etc? I have done it, however do i need to do it with 1 stick at the time? I did it with all 4 and got no errors or anything.

Also could you tell me what exactly to do here?
View: https://imgur.com/vGkwZT5
ok so uncheck top box where it says automatically manage page size. Then click on set, click on custom size, top box type 16mb(initial size) and in the second box type in 5000mb and hit apply. See if that stops the bsod.

Nov 8, 2018
Nov 8, 2018
Also you have to go into control panel and type memo in the top right search box, an admistrative tool to check memory problems should pop up. Click on that and see if it tells you anything.
I did that memory diagnostic test and got no errors, actually i've been restarting my PC like 9times today i havent gotten a single BSOD, it seems so random. If it gets more serious however i might do the memtest86 just to make sure the problem is not with the ram.

I also changed file sizes like you said. Thanks.

Nov 8, 2018
you should use Memtest86+ one stick of RAM at a time. At least 4 full passes with ZERO errors. Any errors and the stick is junk.
I'm planning on doing that at some point, the BSOD on startup seems so random, i havent gotten a single blue screen for the whole day (i've been restarting my PC many times too) and everything works like normal. However if this gets more serious again i'll do that test too. (Windows memory diagnostic showed no errors)

I did that memory diagnostic test and got no errors, actually i've been restarting my PC like 9times today i havent gotten a single BSOD, it seems so random. If it gets more serious however i might do the memtest86 just to make sure the problem is not with the ram.

I also changed file sizes like you said. Thanks.
ok, so not to beat a point to death but just remember to follow up on these:
Do a disc check, check your device manager for any hardware alerts, like a yellow exclamation point, do a virus scan, and check all hardware drivers and update as necessary.

Nov 8, 2018
ok, so not to beat a point to death but just remember to follow up on these:
Do a disc check, check your device manager for any hardware alerts, like a yellow exclamation point, do a virus scan, and check all hardware drivers and update as necessary.
Disk check gave no errors, also no alerts on device manager or any viruses in general. All drivers should also be good. And it seems like i do have fast start up enabled, is that a bad thing?

Nov 8, 2018
Yes, fast start up could be the problem, without going into technical jargon, it bypasses a complete sartup procedure. So disable that and it may help since the problem seems to be at start up.

Right, i'll do that.

Thanks for all your tips and help. It's hard to say if any of these completely fixed the BSOD problem since it seemed to be very random. But at least i haven't gotten any today.