Memory Management BSOD, No Memtest Errors

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing a once a day Memory Management BSOD (typically 0x0000001A).

I have run 7 passes on Memtest 86+ and gotten 0 errors, and at this point I'm not sure what I should do next.

Below is a summary of installed hardware:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
Motherboard: Micro-STAR 790FX-GD70
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD 5750

We're running on Windows 7 64 Bit as well.

I'm by no means an expert so please let me know if I have left out any information that would be needed to diagnose the issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
So I have a few quick questions

All my voltages are set to Auto so I don't know what to bump them up to

In CPU-Z the RAM seems to be at 1.5 so that isn't so confusing

But the CPU voltage is fluctuating anywhere between .96 and 1.3

What do I use for the CPU-NB voltage?

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011

Ok, I tried this, and it does seem to have helped a little? We went three days without the Memory Management error. However I got it again this morning.

Given that the CPU voltage seems to change, I'm not sure what my next step should be

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011

The problem is that the CPU NB is set to AUTO so I don't actually know what to up it to.

Also I accidentally selected your previous post as the best answer and don't know how to undo it. Great day for me.

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
So I've been Quite busy but I have a report if you're around, Tradesman

I upped the voltage of the CPU/NB by .05 again and I'm still getting intermittent blue screens.

Would it be acceptable to try this again? Is it still the likely solution? and at what point have I raised the voltage too high?

The memory corruption error reported by the OS is often caused by a device driver that over writes into shared device driver memory.
When a windows driver detects the modified data it calls a bugcheck an does a memory dump so the problem can be isolated and fixed.
you will generally get slightly different memory dumps in this case due to the fact that windows attempts to load device drivers in different orders on each boot.

if you post the memory dump on a cloud server with public access I can take a quick look at it and see if the cause is clear or if I have a good guess.
also, sometimes when memtest86 passes you still want to swap your memory modules around and run it again. There is always a chance that there could be a bad memory spot that is not in memory that the tool can test. (memory that the tool itself is loaded into for example)

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
So I have bumped CPU/NB to 1.4

I'm still getting the error every other day or so, and I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Could the power supply itself be going bad? How would I know?

And can memory still be bad even if memtest gives the all clear?

nerble

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014

I'm encountering the same issues as you, including the occasional bad pool header. I've tried everything I've been told, although increasing the voltage was new to me. I did not try this but I've tried everything else without success....

I'm wondering if this could be the SATA Controller or just a bad MC in general... so in otherwords motherboard replacement... but i'm not sure. Could anyone provide some insight?

I'm running a completely different setup than Chinch, though.

i7 4770k on an MSI Z87-G41, 16gb corsair vengeance RAM, GTX 650. Win7 x64....

I'm a bit more familiar, working in IT and PC gaming now for 13 years, so ANY suggestions or input would greatly help...

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Sorry for bumping a thread so old but I am at the end of my rope, I'm about to buy a whole new PC to fix this problem and I KNOW that there must be a simpler way but I just absolutely can't figure out what needs to be replaced. Any help would be incredibly welcome.