memory management bsod when gaming

n00b_monkey

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Hi there,
I was hoping that maby someone out there could help me.

I have built a new rig and overclocked it. Everything is going fine, passed prime and also intel burn test on the highest setting.
I do not have an additional graphics card, i am just running the intel hd 4000.

At first when gaming i kept on getting the BSOD, first it was error 1a and then i had an error 24. I have looked into it, and it seems it is a RAM problem.
I ran a memory test and it passed it not problem, i had a look around and thought it might be to do with the DRAM voltage and the VTT. I have adjusted these, and after a week or so i have had no more BSOD.
I do not know what is going on now, it seems that after an hr of gaming, the game crashes and i get a display error.
I have changed the processing time and also the time out detection. It now just freezes and wont go back to the desktop.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be??
its starting to drive me crazy!!!
i am going to pick up a 7950 in a couple of weeks, do you think that this might help?
also does anyone know how to set the timeout and processing time back to default?

Many thanks, any help would be amazing

TheinsanegamerN

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
what brand is your RAM? check with your motherboard manufacturer, sometimes, for whatever reason, certain brands are not compatible with certain motherboards. if upping the voltage help, but didnt eliminate the problem...you might just have bad ram. what memory test did you use?

D

Deleted member 217926

List system specs. Have you run memtest or just the Windows integrated memory checker? Run memtest for a minimum of 8 hours for 8GB of RAM. Any errors at all mean a problem.

http://www.memtest.org/

You will need to burn the bootable .iso of memtest to a disk and boot your computer off of it. If you need help just ask.