[SOLVED] Memory management BSOD

Jul 31, 2020
Hi!

I've recently upgraded some parts of my PC! Eversince the first windows install i get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD. When i removed a certain ram modul it seemed to work fine. But after couple of hours it still gives me the same error.

Hardware:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
MOBO: MSI B550 Tomahawk (New)
RAM: 24 GB HyperX 2133 CL14 , 28 GB HyperX 2133 CL14 (From old computer) Will upgrade it.
VGA: Sapphire RX 5600 XT
PSU: FSP HEXA 500+ (From old computer)
SSD: Sansdisk Z400 256GB (From old computer)
HDD: 1TB WD, 650GB SEAGATE (From old computer)

When i remove one of the 8 gb moduls i constatnly get the above BSOD just after windows boot. The other one works for hours but prone to fail with the same BSOD.
I ran windows memory diagnostic: no error
Ran Memtest86 twice for 4 hour : no error (changed the slots for the second run)
chkdsk : no error
HDD sentinel sais 100/100 on all three HDD
I've even rebuild the old PC just to test the rams but gave no error on memory diagnostic. Ran a couple of hours without an issue.

Also if i insert a ram on DIMMB2 slot it always give me a metallic scrachy sound.
Dont know if its related or if its a problem at all. It certainly doesnt sound right to me. Never heard anything like it. I can still replace tha mobo. Not sure if i should do that.

Thank you for the help. I have no idea what to do now.

Anyway here are 5 minidumps from 5 boot up:

https://mega.nz/folder/1Y9xya7R#UdMjRTin2VRHyYMwWn6_TA

Solution
Hi!

It somehow worked after a while with all of the rams (2x8 gb and 2x4 gb) installed.
Can't realy say what solved the problem...

I bought a new kit and it works without an issue since than. (2x16 gb)
My guess is the board didn't realy like the two kits working together.

Anyway there is a new bios update that claims to have Improved memory compatibility.
That might help.

Would like to here from you if you manage to solve the problem.
I am still concerned about that metallic sound. And it makes it weirder that you have the exact same problem.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Hello,

I'm having the same problem after buying a Ryzen 7 3700x with a MSI B550 Tomahawk. Especially the same metallic sound when putting the RAM on DIMMB2, i also get a Memory Management BSOD. Did you manage to fix it?

Jul 31, 2020
Hi!

It somehow worked after a while with all of the rams (2x8 gb and 2x4 gb) installed.
Can't realy say what solved the problem...

I bought a new kit and it works without an issue since than. (2x16 gb)
My guess is the board didn't realy like the two kits working together.

Anyway there is a new bios update that claims to have Improved memory compatibility.
That might help.

Would like to here from you if you manage to solve the problem.
I am still concerned about that metallic sound. And it makes it weirder that you have the exact same problem.

Solution