[SOLVED] Memory management BSOD

May 5, 2021
Hi guys, I installed new memory into my pc around a month ago and since then have been experiencing a large amount of BSOD's. I have checked everything and even reinstalled windows but the Blue screen is persistent with loads of different errors i don't really understand.
In event viewer there are different errors relating to EapHost, BonJour Service and some Windows update client ones. I do not have a single clue what it could be and cannot narrow it down.

My Specs are:
Ryzen 7 2700x
Msi B450 Gaming Plus Max
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16GB
Msi Rtx 3070 Gaming x trio
Corsair Rm750x

Solution
Hi James_458.

If you're trying to run the RAM at 3600MHz on a 2700x that could explain RAM instabilities.

Try reducing the RAM to 3200MHz or 2933MHz and see if the BSOD's are gone.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if the bsod only started after you put ram in,

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

have you got newest bios on motherboard, it can help with memory
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX

Reactions: Nemesia
May 5, 2021
Thanks for your fast reply's, I haven't updated the bios in a while and I have been running the ram at 3600Mhz. This may be the issue. Couldn't pin point anything myself as there were 122 errors in Event viewer recently.

Tomorrow I will set the speed to 3200 and update the bios, If the issue persists ill mention it. However for now any other suggestions are welcome and I will try everything.

Last edited: