Memory Management

Drizle

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Hi all,

I have a incredably frustrating crash on my pc and after hours and hours of searching i really can't find any sollution to it...
On an irregular basis my pc crashes cause of memory management. i've read about it that you can change your ram from 1t to 2t to make it more stable but i can't find that in BIOS. I also can't play any game cause of this crash. Mostly Guild Wars 2 always crashes after 5 mins of playtime. plz plz plz help me with this stupid bsod!
My specs:
I5 2320 3ghz
8gb (2x4gb) ram ddr3
gtx 560 1.28gb

Here are the crash reports i had:

On Sun 18-11-2012 22:27:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111812-76440-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA80065A26D0, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 18-11-2012 22:27:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 18-11-2012 16:15:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111812-81572-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8006C80740, 0xFFFFFA8006C80740, 0xFFFFFA80F1C80740)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Sun 18-11-2012 15:34:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111812-62244-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)

On Sun 18-11-2012 13:04:54 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111812-28891-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8006C83B00, 0xFFFFFA8006C83B00, 0xFFFFFA800EC83B00)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

Would be great if you guys could help me :D

Thx in advance

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
You posted the answer to your own question ;).

Under bug check description it says. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

So start checking those drivers ;).

*edit* Does it happen more often when gaming or something graphic intensive? If so start with uninstalling / and reinstalling updated graphics drivers first. (prolly where i would start anyways)

Drizle

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I just had this crash after i recovered my pc. Nothing extra installed on this pc and still it gives a memory management...

On Fri 23/11/2012 18:12:28 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Mobo manual ;).
You confirmed in device manager you have all drivers installed?
Also a quick way of checking your ram is to use cpuz like the user did in the link you posted.
*edit* and to confirm. You had this crash before and after you updated your video card graphics? Or only after?

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Not a problem always glad to help (if i can) :).

Refer to your Motherboard manual to see where in the Bios the T1 T2 settings are located. Post what motherboard you have and im sure i can find the manual online for you.

For device manager go to start, Right click computer, go to manage, there is an option called device manager. In device manager it's going to show everything for your system. Display, Processors etc etc. If there is anything with a yellow ? it means that the driver is not installed for it. That could be your problem there like a bus driver for the chipset wasn't installed or something.

Drizle

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
As in CPU-Z:
Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
Model: MS-7728 2.0
Chipset: Intel Sandy Bridge Rev. 09
Southbridge: Intel H61 Rev. B3
LCPIO: Fintek F71808A

Is it dangerous to change from 1T to 2T and what do you think about it?
Is it true that 2T is indeed more stable and could be the solution to my problem?

thx

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

That's not necessarily true.. This bsod has been caused by Drivers, Ram, Mobo's, It can be a lot of things. You shouldn't just arbitrarily throw it at one issue and say that's it. On the other hand. Drizle it is a good idea to run Memtest. That will rule out bad ram. If you get errors take a stick out, Run again and keep doing so until you find the bad sticks (if thats the issue)

Sorry i have been at lunch i'll find the manual for you in just a moment and post.

Drizle

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
i'm running a memtest and i get more than 90 000 (!!!) errors in first 6 mins. I haven't pulled out one stick. Should i cancel the test and get out a stick or let the test run first?

-Sometimes the BIOS RAM setting will indicate the setting
as 1n or 2n, sometimes 1t or 2t, or sometimes, just a 1 or 2 in the correct position of the timing table for your RAM

-If your memory requires 2t command rate and you have a default 1t command rate you will get the errors you are getting and nothing is wrong with your RAM.

-The 2T indicated that the RAM requires 2 clock T states before the electronics are ready (stable to be read) if you issue a command (memory read or write at 1 t state you are violating the required setup and hold time for the electronic signals and sometimes it will work and sometimes it will not.

-often memory settings will look like 9-9-9-24
the next number most often would be your command rate (generally a 2 or 1)
9-9-9-24-2n for example indicate 2 clock command rate on my old motherboard.
(Some BIOS may use a different order for all the other memory timings)

- You must find the BIOS setting and verify the memory setting while in the OS
google CPU-z and install it and check the memory tab for the setting used for your memory chip to be certain you get the correct timing.

Drizle

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
i'm running a memtest and i get more than 90 000 (!!!) errors in first 6 mins. I haven't pulled out one stick. Should i cancel the test and get out a stick or let the test run first?

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

At this point it sounds like NV88 is correct. I would replace the RAM (it's cheap)
Heres a link to your Motherboard manual http://217.110.237.70/Manuals/7728v1.0%28Medion%29.pdf
and here is a link that you should use when getting your ram. Go here enter your mobo model number etc and it will bring up a list of tested and proven ram for that model. http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=testreport You can also find this link on page 12 of your motherboard manual.

if your RAM timing is set to 1 command rather than 2 command states you will get huge amounts of failures running a memory stress test. What RAM do you actually have?
you might be able to run 2T state RAM in one slot configuration and it might pass. Problem is the capacitance of the circuit will change when you add a second memory module and the RAM may not be able to run at 1 T state.
The circuit capacitance adds a timing delay, each block of modules you add will increase this delay until you go to 2t state timing.

-if you have the correct timing, then you might have a bad module but you will not know until you set the correct timing.

- all else fails buy fast memory with 1 command cycle timing and go with the defaults and not worry about it.

Drizle

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
All thanks for your time and awnsers,
I am running memtest now with one ram bar and as i can see only one ram bar gives me errors at the moment so i think one bar is just broken.

I'll let you know in the next hours if it worked to buy a new ram.

Thx very much

TRENDING THREADS