Question Memory Management

Jul 6, 2019
I just built a new PC and I'm getting this BSOD error but I don't know whether it's my RAM or Video card.
Here are my specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
ASRock X470 Master SI/AC (Something like that)
Corsair Vengance LPX 16 GB
Gigabyte Low Profile Silent Geforce GTX 1030 Ti

The operating system is installed on a solid state drive and everything else is on a hard drive.

I've done a few tests myself. I ran memory diagnostics and found nothing, then I ran CHKDSK and that turned up with nothing, then I reinstalled my graphics card driver and I'm not sure that did anything. Is there anything else I should try, or does anyone have a solution?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit: I was playing around with some programs that might be causing it and I found that the only time it does this is when I'm copying files, specifically linking files to iTunes. Anyone know why this is happening?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019
Is Windows fully updated? All your apps from legit sources?

Do you have access to another GPU to swap for troubleshooting (per your earlier concern)?

What kind of SSD are you using (M.2 or 2.5 inch SATA)?
Windows is up to date and all of my apps are either stock windows or from official websites. That's a good idea. I have another computer I built a while ago with a different video card. I'll swap those two and see how it works. The SSD is M.2.

Thanks for your help!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
M.2 SSDs, when installed, often conflict with certain SATA ports. On similar systems, it is the last 2 SATA ports (5 and 6).

If you have anything attached to those last 2 SATA ports, move the connector to another port. Worth a shot.

Jul 6, 2019
I would recommend you go to Microsoft and get a new version of Windows and re-install from scratch. Use the media creation tool to write to a USB drive and perform a full, clean install. Afterward, install the AMD chipset drivers, followed by the latest Nvidia video drivers.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
I was just on my way to doing this. Thank you so much! I'll let you know how it goes! 😊

Jul 6, 2019
I would recommend you go to Microsoft and get a new version of Windows and re-install from scratch. Use the media creation tool to write to a USB drive and perform a full, clean install. Afterward, install the AMD chipset drivers, followed by the latest Nvidia video drivers.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
I retried with a different USB and I got another error. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FALIURE. Why is this happening?!?