Kerry

Hi! I was wondering if there is any way to change the max allowable memory
for my computer, which is 384Mb.

I have three 128Mb cards installed on a Compaq Presario 5900z with an AMD-K7
700Mhz processor (BIOS is "PTLTD - 6040000 PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0,
09/22/00") running XP-SP2 and I've been frugal with which background
programs/processes I'm running, but it's getting harder to run simultaneous
programs and not feel the memory crunch. I keep my system spyware clean and
let virtual memory be automatically managed.

Is this a strict maximum RAM amount? If so, I'll probably get on the market
for a newer model ;)

Thanks for any insight,

Kerry

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Your question will be answered when you read the manual that came with your
computer. It lists the memory specifications.

"Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi! I was wondering if there is any way to change the max allowable memory
> for my computer, which is 384Mb.
>
> I have three 128Mb cards installed on a Compaq Presario 5900z with an
> AMD-K7
> 700Mhz processor (BIOS is "PTLTD - 6040000 PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0,
> 09/22/00") running XP-SP2 and I've been frugal with which background
> programs/processes I'm running, but it's getting harder to run
> simultaneous
> programs and not feel the memory crunch. I keep my system spyware clean
> and
> let virtual memory be automatically managed.
>
> Is this a strict maximum RAM amount? If so, I'll probably get on the
> market
> for a newer model ;)
>
> Thanks for any insight,
>
> Kerry

You are at the maximum supported.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&tool=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&product=93649&dest_page=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&docname=c00013967
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi! I was wondering if there is any way to change the max allowable memory
> for my computer, which is 384Mb.
>
> I have three 128Mb cards installed on a Compaq Presario 5900z with an
> AMD-K7
> 700Mhz processor (BIOS is "PTLTD - 6040000 PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0,
> 09/22/00") running XP-SP2 and I've been frugal with which background
> programs/processes I'm running, but it's getting harder to run
> simultaneous
> programs and not feel the memory crunch. I keep my system spyware clean
> and
> let virtual memory be automatically managed.
>
> Is this a strict maximum RAM amount? If so, I'll probably get on the
> market
> for a newer model ;)
>
> Thanks for any insight,
>
> Kerry

Kerry

THANKS!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> You are at the maximum supported.
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&tool=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&product=93649&dest_page=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&docname=c00013967
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi! I was wondering if there is any way to change the max allowable memory
> > for my computer, which is 384Mb.
> >
> > I have three 128Mb cards installed on a Compaq Presario 5900z with an
> > AMD-K7
> > 700Mhz processor (BIOS is "PTLTD - 6040000 PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0,
> > 09/22/00") running XP-SP2 and I've been frugal with which background
> > programs/processes I'm running, but it's getting harder to run
> > simultaneous
> > programs and not feel the memory crunch. I keep my system spyware clean
> > and
> > let virtual memory be automatically managed.
> >
> > Is this a strict maximum RAM amount? If so, I'll probably get on the
> > market
> > for a newer model ;)
> >
> > Thanks for any insight,
> >
> > Kerry

Kerry

O yeah, that's right, I'd almost forgotten...the manual is always right, it
always tells the whole story and it's explicitly clear as a bell. Thanks for
the godsend direction.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Your question will be answered when you read the manual that came with your
> computer. It lists the memory specifications.
>
> "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi! I was wondering if there is any way to change the max allowable memory
> > for my computer, which is 384Mb.
> >
> > I have three 128Mb cards installed on a Compaq Presario 5900z with an
> > AMD-K7
> > 700Mhz processor (BIOS is "PTLTD - 6040000 PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0,
> > 09/22/00") running XP-SP2 and I've been frugal with which background
> > programs/processes I'm running, but it's getting harder to run
> > simultaneous
> > programs and not feel the memory crunch. I keep my system spyware clean
> > and
> > let virtual memory be automatically managed.
> >
> > Is this a strict maximum RAM amount? If so, I'll probably get on the
> > market
> > for a newer model ;)
> >
> > Thanks for any insight,
> >
> > Kerry