Memory Mhz Detection

AnthonyAshForever

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
hello people
i just wanna ask,how do i know the exact MHZ of my RAM?
i got 2x4GB DDR3 RAM
i already have CPU-Z,and it only shows 665.2 Mhz
so does this means each of my ram is only 665.2 mhz?
or its 2 x 665.2 coz i have 2 rams

my processor is Intel Core i3-3210,does my processor affects ram? coz ived seen on some posts on other forums that there's should be a balance between ram and processor?

My ram brand is (both)
Hyundai Electronics 4096MB DDR3 (9-9-9-24-1T)

Wes006

Honorable
Jul 9, 2014
Your memory frequency is effectively 1333 MHz and what CPU-Z is showing is correct. It will show half that speed (665.2 MHz) in CPU-Z only because data is transferred twice per column address strobe, hence double data rate in the name DDR3. It transfers data when the voltage rises and again when it falls.

Wes006

Honorable
Jul 9, 2014
To answer your question about the correlation between processing power and ram. Many system builders realize that it's better to have a balanced system in all components perf/speed-wise rather than having one powerful component and one that is much slower which results in a bottleneck effect. You want to get the most out of your system for the money. It actually just comes down to plain common sense really. To give you an example: You wouldn't retrofit a motorcycle engine (CPU) into a Ford F-350 pickup truck (RAM) to pull a trailer (gaming, video editing etc.); albeit you would have great suspension capacity to handle the weight, you wouldn't have very much, if any power to pull the load. It might not be the best example and I'm sure others on this site could come up with a much better analogy but my point should be clear :D

AnthonyAshForever

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
thank for your responses
by the way i checked my bios,and on the tweak tab i notice that theres a "memory frequency",the default is auto and i just adjust it 800/1000/1333/1600 upto 2800 mhz,so if i adjust it to 1333mhz will my ram give more speed? or this settings is only for overclocking?