Question Memory miss size match from factory?

Dec 6, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I have not received the laptop yet. I tied to find out from HP if both slots are physically accessible with no luck getting an answer. Just run around. I have noted that some manufacturers slots are not readily accessible for replacement or upgrade. Will probably replace the 1 x 4 to a matching 1 x 8 if feasible.

I think I've come across accounts where the RAM in some laptops are soldered onto the motherboard so isn't replaceable, but not too sure on that.

There might be service manuals available for the laptop which should cover components more thoroughly than the standard user manuals. Some user manuals might have a section about replacing or upgrading RAM, so it's worth checking with it.

Dec 6, 2019
Did a chat with HP and it was not very productive. I could not tease out of her the actual model number of ordered item. She did send me a link for a manual that covers models like what I am getting. It does show diagrams for removal but not without taking a lot apart. Which I can do. Will try the system out when it arrives and determine then if I feel it worth while to tear it apart. Thanks for your responses.