Commendable
Jun 8, 2018
Specs:
MB: GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: Xeon X5690
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
RAM: F3-2400C11Q-16GXM
Storage: ST32000641AS 2000 GB

In the title. I've manually overclocked both my CPU and RAM by using the base clock instead of using the memory multiplier since whenever I apply it, there are no changes whatsoever, even with properly configured RAM timings and voltage. Say were I to select 16X for the memory timer, it would apply successfully and boot to Windows, however, it wouldn't change the FSB:DRAM ratio and would still have the same frequency, and when I go back into the bios, it still says 16X. Even when I try turning down the frequency below 10X, the same thing happens. I would very much appreciate any help since I've done a ton of research and have found no forums or articles on this issue and I'm frustrated by the fact I'm not able to achieve the frequency on my RAM, even with the appropriate settings. I'm very new to overclocking and I'm might be missing something obvious. If you guys need any more additional info, I'd be happy to help.

Solution
Nevermind, I solved my problem. I figured out my max memory multiplier is 10 (color me stupid), however, I wish information about RAM and its specifics were more readily available, especially since I've been non-stop researching and looking for information on the specifics of RAM and all it took to answer my problems was to know my max memory multiplier was 10. Intel normally says for its CPU that the RAM only has a max speed of 1333 (which isn't true if you use base clock overclocking). Sorry if I seem silly for making this thread, I've just been thoroughly annoyed with how tedious it is to find this information. Thank you Zerk2012 for helping me.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Specs:
MB: GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: Xeon X5690
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
RAM: F3-2400C11Q-16GXM
Storage: ST32000641AS 2000 GB

In the title. I've manually overclocked both my CPU and RAM by using the base clock instead of using the memory multiplier since whenever I apply it, there are no changes whatsoever, even with properly configured RAM timings and voltage. Say were I to select 16X for the memory timer, it would apply successfully and boot to Windows, however, it wouldn't change the FSB:DRAM ratio and would still have the same frequency, and when I go back into the bios, it still says 16X. Even when I try turning down the frequency below 10X, the same thing happens. I would very much appreciate any help since I've done a ton of research and have found no forums or articles on this issue and I'm frustrated by the fact I'm not able to achieve the frequency on my RAM, even with the appropriate settings. I'm very new to overclocking and I'm might be missing something obvious. If you guys need any more additional info, I'd be happy to help.
Your motherboard don't support 2400 memory and the base memory speed of the processor is 1333.

Your going to need to manual overclock the memory and just see what you can get.

brf_offline

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018
Your motherboard don't support 2400 memory and the base memory speed of the processor is 1333.

Your going to need to manual overclock the memory and just see what you can get.
I understand the base memory speed is 1333, however, memory speed = BCLK X Multiplier, right? In the bios, I'm able to freely change the memory multiplier, but it doesn't change the RAM frequency, doesn't crash the computer, and doesn't default back to 10X in the bios, it just stays on whatever you set it to. Right now I'm running on a base clock of 195 with the stuck multiplier of 10, effectively giving me 1950 Mhz on RAM and 3.9 Ghz on my CPU with a multiplier of 20. I understand if the settings wouldn't be supported, however, what confuses me is the fact that I'm able to use those settings, then they don't reset, take affect, nor crash the computer/cause errors.

brf_offline

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018
I understand the base memory speed is 1333, however, memory speed = BCLK X Multiplier, right? In the bios, I'm able to freely change the memory multiplier, but it doesn't change the RAM frequency, doesn't crash the computer, and doesn't default back to 10X in the bios, it just stays on whatever you set it to. Right now I'm running on a base clock of 195 with the stuck multiplier of 10, effectively giving me 1950 Mhz on RAM and 3.9 Ghz on my CPU with a multiplier of 20. I understand if the settings wouldn't be supported, however, what confuses me is the fact that I'm able to use those settings, then they don't reset, take affect, nor crash the computer/cause errors.

Note, when I tried changing the memory multiplier, the base clock was the default 133, not the 195 I have now.

brf_offline

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018
Nevermind, I solved my problem. I figured out my max memory multiplier is 10 (color me stupid), however, I wish information about RAM and its specifics were more readily available, especially since I've been non-stop researching and looking for information on the specifics of RAM and all it took to answer my problems was to know my max memory multiplier was 10. Intel normally says for its CPU that the RAM only has a max speed of 1333 (which isn't true if you use base clock overclocking). Sorry if I seem silly for making this thread, I've just been thoroughly annoyed with how tedious it is to find this information. Thank you Zerk2012 for helping me.

Solution