Question Memory Mystery

Oct 26, 2021
Straight to the point, My memory usage at idle was 91% and when playing games it was essentially maxed out and made gaming almost unbearable. So began the quest to find what was using my RAM, utilising multiple different softwares not a single one could account or identify where the ram was actually going. Then an epiphany, whilst in the bios I noticed the ram was set to 2400hz when it is actually 3600hz. Changed, saved, fixed. No idea how it got set to the wrong clock speed but everything was great again so no questions asked. As of the last week it did it again, creeping up to being maxed out. Again looking for what was using it, possible memory leaks, changing the start up processes one by one, virus scans, simply turning the computer on and off again multiple times, blah blah blah. So I did it again, changed the clock speed back to 2400hz then back to 3600hz and its fixed again. Can someone please tell me what is going on or might be going on?

RAM: vengeance® rgb pro 16gb (2 x 8gb) ddr4 dram 3600mhz c18

Cheers, Rob.

Straight to the point, My memory usage at idle was 91% and when playing games it was essentially maxed out and made gaming almost unbearable. So began the quest to find what was using my RAM, utilising multiple different softwares not a single one could account or identify where the ram was actually going. Then an epiphany, whilst in the bios I noticed the ram was set to 2400hz when it is actually 3600hz. Changed, saved, fixed. No idea how it got set to the wrong clock speed but everything was great again so no questions asked. As of the last week it did it again, creeping up to being maxed out. Again looking for what was using it, possible memory leaks, changing the start up processes one by one, virus scans, simply turning the computer on and off again multiple times, blah blah blah. So I did it again, changed the clock speed back to 2400hz then back to 3600hz and its fixed again. Can someone please tell me what is going on or might be going on?

RAM: vengeance® rgb pro 16gb (2 x 8gb) ddr4 dram 3600mhz c18

Cheers, Rob.
When the machine is running well look in task manager to see what speed the ram is running.

When the machine goes wonky look in task manager ram speed.