Memory not detected afte cpu cooler install

JesDaMess

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
PCPartPicker part list
CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor (Purchased For $110.00)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (Purchased For $110.00)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (Purchased For $68.00)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($137.27 @ TigerDirect)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (Purchased For $82.00)
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $70.00)
Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Topower 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $45.00)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer (Purchased For $25.00)
Monitor: Acer S231HLBbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor (Purchased For $130.00)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire TK Wired Gaming Keyboard ($80.99 @ Staples)
Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Wired Optical Mouse (Purchased For $45.00)
Other: EVGA Gtx 650 ti boost 2gb superclocked (Purchased For $150.00)
Other: EVGA Gtx 650 ti boost 2gb superclocked
Total: $1083.24

Build was running perfectly fine for 2 weeks, then I removed old cpu cooler and case fans and installed new ones. I had to remove the ram from its original slot since the cooler blocks the first slot and now no memory is detected in any of the slots and the pc won't boot.

I just ordered new ram (the a data ram in the list) and it still won't detect any memory in any slots after I've tried hitting the memory test button. I don't know what else to do now, I've already sunk so much money into this pc but I might go take it to a computer repair store.

This is my first pc build and I'm worried I may have not taken the greatest care when handling my parts and somehow damaged my mobo or cpu through static discharge even though I tried to properly ground myself every few minutes.

Solution
First check that all the power cables to the mobo are properly connected - unseat and reseat them.

The only DIY procedure you can do after that is break it down to the minimum system that should boot which sounds like SSD, 1 stick of RAM, and no graphics cards and try to boot. If it doesn't boot from there take it to a shop.

If the boot from the minimum config does work, start adding things back in one at a time and reboot between each addition. If it stops booting after that, the last part you put in is probably bad. Factory defect parts usually don't cause a problem initially because they passed some testing in the factory but they will fail after a short period which is what you are describing.

It's very unlikely that you damaged...
First check that all the power cables to the mobo are properly connected - unseat and reseat them.

The only DIY procedure you can do after that is break it down to the minimum system that should boot which sounds like SSD, 1 stick of RAM, and no graphics cards and try to boot. If it doesn't boot from there take it to a shop.

If the boot from the minimum config does work, start adding things back in one at a time and reboot between each addition. If it stops booting after that, the last part you put in is probably bad. Factory defect parts usually don't cause a problem initially because they passed some testing in the factory but they will fail after a short period which is what you are describing.

It's very unlikely that you damaged a part with static discharge unless you actually saw a spark.

Solution