saeesh94

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
I HAD RECENTLY BOUGHT A 2GB DDR 2 800MHZ RAM FROM HYNIX.I HAV INTEL'S ORIGNAL DG35EC MB.MY OLD RAM IS KINGSTON 2GB DDR 2 800 MHZ. WEN I INSERTED THE RAM IN MY MEMORY SLOT THE SYSTEM REFUSED TO BOOT.MY LCD WOULD GO INTO POWER SAVING MODE WHILE MY PC 'S POWER LIGHT WAS LIT.EVEN WEN I TRIED TO USE THE RAM SINGLY THE SYSTEM WONT START! WAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?????

SPECS:-

INTEL C2D E8400 3GHZ
INTEL DG35EC MB
XFX GEFORCE 9600GT
WD 320 GB CAVIER HDD

PLS TELL ME WAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM!!

linuxhero27

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
In my experience, I find that Kingston RAM can be very picky about what you pair it with or what you install it in, which is why I always recommend either PNY or Corsair now.

Check your manufacturer for an APPROVED MEMORY LIST and see if that memory is on it.

Well there are many RAM's that aren't in the approved list but they work fine.
To OP,your kingstone RAMs work fine right ? and as soon as you put the new RAMs that you bought your PC doesn't boot ? if so then if its possible test your RAMs in another PC if it didn't work i think your new RAMs are faulty

saeesh94

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009

Hey! thanks for the tip.My dealer checked the RAM and found it was not compatible in dual channel with kingston. He put me a Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2 and it works fine!!

thanks again!!