Question 'Memory not installed' debug code on motherboard

Feb 25, 2019
Hello all. Serious issue here which has left me with no working computer.

I was playing Metro game and I got a freeze - no BSOD, no crash, no blackscreen, the image just froze - and since I couldn't alt f4 my way into the task manager I hit the power button on the case.

All good thus far.

But after I tried turning the PC back on, I get spinning fans and lights on, but the it turned off and got stuck in this on-off loop.

So I open the side pannel and its giving debug code 55 - 'Memory not installed' according to the manual.

I swap the memory sticks around, nothing.

Grabbed an old stick, shows code 53 - No suitable memory found - swap its slot, go back to getting code 55.

Grab an even older DDR2 stick just to see what happens - code 53.

What do I do guys... Need working PC in house.

i5 3570k not OC
Asrock z77 performance

Had those 2 since 2012 with no issues. Please help - thanks in advance.

Feb 25, 2019
Not sure how you've tested a DDR2 stick on a DDR3 board. However, it looks like a CPU issue. Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for a minute). If still no go, it could be a CPU issue.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Pressing and holding the 'Clear CMOS' button on the I/O panel? Done...

As for stick - I don't know if I 'tested' it - I stuck it in there and got error code 53.

I keep reading about a 'bent CPU pin' in various google searches, but mostly relating to the build process/people who haven't booted their PC yet - I've used this CPU/Motherboard combination for 7 years (Ram sticks a bit younger)

Is 'Bent CPU Pin' something that can just happen during normal usage/decay? Cause I have not touched the CPU with my hands at all...

Feb 25, 2019
Thanks again for reply.

Not sure if the rest of my response got cut out: Do you know if through normal usage CPU pins can 'bend' ? Seems like a common culprit according to google but I've been using this MB/CPU for years. (I went into more detail in my previous post)