Question Memory not running at full speed after XMP enabled

May 15, 2019
Is the title says I have enabled the XMP settings in the BIOS but my memory is still running at 2133hz instead of 3000hz. I’m using CPU-Z to check this at it says 1064.5 but it should be saying 1500 right? Or at least close to this.

I have two pairs of 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000hz RAM - so 32GB in total 2x(2x8GB). Both the same.

Motherboard is Gigabyte BS3H B450M.

I was on B40 bios update but I tried updating it to the very latest B41b but this has not fixed the problem.

Full system is as follows:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000hz Ram 4x8GB
ROG Strix AMD RX 470 4GB
WD Black SN750 M.2 250GB
HyperX Fury 120GB SSD
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Gigabyte WB1733D-I
Corsair CX450M

Thank you for any help.

May 15, 2019
Quick update:

It work at 3000mhz with just 2x8GB but won’t work with 4x8GB.

Does anyone know why this is? Maybe the CPU? As I plan to upgrade this when I have the money. Or the motherboard?? Any ideas? Thanks.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. There are no guarantees for compatibility together when using multiple kits.

XMP profiles are also for the form in which memory is sold.

Use of multiple kits puts additional stress on the memory controller which may cause the memory to be unable to operate at rated specifications.

See Memory Configurations chart when populating 4 of 4 memory slots in this link:
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_3/2200g

May 15, 2019
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. There are no guarantees for compatibility together when using multiple kits.

XMP profiles are also for the form in which memory is sold.

Use of multiple kits puts additional stress on the memory controller which may cause the memory to be unable to operate at rated specifications.

See Memory Configurations chart when populating 4 of 4 memory slots in this link:
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_3/2200g

Yes I just thought that as there are the same make and model that they would be compatible and I’ve seen it done before with these but maybe it was a different mobo or even intel cpu.

Is there a way to overclock the ram to get back to full speeds? Or should I just use 16GB and if I want 32gb I’ll have to buy a 4x8GB kit? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS