Question Memory not running at proper speeds

skylerli51

Prominent
Jul 27, 2018
I have a set of Patriot Viper 16GB (8x2) DDR4 300MHz memory sticks in my GIGABYTE GA-AB350N-Gaming motherboard. I have XMP enabled in bios but the memory is running at 2133 MHz. Could anyone tell me how to get my memory running at full speed? The motherboard supports memory up to 3200 MHz and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600 running stock, not overclocked.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Generally enabling XMP (or AXMP) alone isn't enough. You have to then choose what speed of the ones offered you want to use. When I get back, I'll look up your board and see if I can pin-point it for you. Unless someone else jumps in first.

I have a set of Patriot Viper 16GB (8x2) DDR4 300MHz memory sticks in my GIGABYTE GA-AB350N-Gaming motherboard. I have XMP enabled in bios but the memory is running at 2133 MHz. Could anyone tell me how to get my memory running at full speed? The motherboard supports memory up to 3200 MHz and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600 running stock, not overclocked.
You need to open the M.I.T menu in the BIOS, then go to Advanced Memory Settings and either set either the correct XMP settings or manually set the modules to the speed, timings and voltage on the modules. What is the model number of the kit you bought?