[SOLVED] memory not running at right speeds?

Solution
Hi Quickless.

You will have to go in your BIOS and activate XMP/DOCP profile so that they run at 3200MHz. When you turn it on and save and quit BIOS your system will do a memory training and boot a few time by itself to test the profile and if it works. If it doesn't it will return to the BIOS or to the OS and it will still be 2133MHz. If it sticks you will see 3200MHz in the OS.

Can you please list your entire PC specs?

The RAM if you have 2 sticks should be in the A2-B2 slots on the board depending on the board you have but most of the new one with 4 slots it's A2-B2.
Hi Quickless.

You will have to go in your BIOS and activate XMP/DOCP profile so that they run at 3200MHz. When you turn it on and save and quit BIOS your system will do a memory training and boot a few time by itself to test the profile and if it works. If it doesn't it will return to the BIOS or to the OS and it will still be 2133MHz. If it sticks you will see 3200MHz in the OS.

The RAM if you have 2 sticks should be in the A2-B2 slots on the board depending on the board you have but most of the new one with 4 slots it's A2-B2.

Solution

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
Hi Quickless.

I changed the DRAM Frequency from automatic to 3200. it restarted and said "memory overclocking fail" then i restarted back into bios and changed it back to automatic and now task manager seems to say 3200 now. I am not sure though, let me check if bios says 3200, and if it does. I guess ill come back in here and mark your answer ass the best. lol

View: https://imgur.com/WnIKu9i

View: https://imgur.com/hk2kOkR

By the way it depends on the CPU, Board you have so it would be good to tell me what they are :)

But if everything is stable and the OS says 3200MHz and you have no crashes or anything you're good to go.

From 2133Mhz to 3200MHz you will see a good difference in games.

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
By the way it depends on the CPU, Board you have so it would be good to tell me what they are :)

But if everything is stable and the OS says 3200MHz and you have no crashes or anything you're good to go.

From 2133Mhz to 3200MHz you will see a good difference in games.
i have the 5600x. but yeah somehow that fixed it lol. i changed it from automatic to 3200 again and it didnt fail this time. So thanks lmao.

TRENDING THREADS