Question Memory only showing 16gb instead of 32

Akhem

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
Now, I've read and done all the basic procedures. My bios is updated, brand new memory sticks, in BIOS and task manager recognizes that I have 32 but fails to use the full size. I changed hardware (mobo) which windows has been so graciously inclined to believe my copy of windows is illegitimate,and when I go to look for the product key Microsoft deleted it off my email and the page for install. is my ram limited because of windows being <Mod Edit> or am I doing something wrong? Also I've done the msconfig boot operastion.

Last edited by a moderator:

RealBeast

Titan
Now, I've read and done all the basic procedures. My bios is updated, brand new memory sticks, in BIOS and task manager recognizes that I have 32 but fails to use the full size. I changed hardware (mobo) which windows has been so graciously inclined to believe my copy of windows is illegitimate,and when I go to look for the product key Microsoft deleted it off my email and the page for install. is my ram limited because of windows being <Mod Edit> or am I doing something wrong? Also I've done the msconfig boot operastion.
Please list your main components -- motherboard, CPU, and memory by brand and model number. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: