willyburns

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
Yo, I'm having a problem getting the rated 3200MHz out of my 'Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x32GB)' on a new BIOS revision where previously everything was fine. I have an ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme and XMP was working fine with BIOS 2002; however, after updating to 3006, I cannot get my RAM to boot into Windows at 3200MHz no matter what I try. I've tried manually inputting the timings printed on the DIMMs, which is 16-18-18-36 at 1.35V. I've then tried bumping the DRAM voltage to 1.4V with no joy, then VCCIO/VCCSA up to 1.20V, then loosening the timings a bit but I'm getting that same annoying red LED letting me know the motherboard is not booting past RAM. I am able to boot into Windows with a maximum frequency of 2800MHz, stable, with the rated timings and voltage.

Can anyone suggest anything else that will solve this problem? This motherboard has had memory problems (QCode AF: Detect Memory) right from initial purchase, and XMP has never worked without me adding more voltage even when it was working, but I had managed to get it stable on the previous BIOS revision. I think if I get this sorted I'm going to stay with this BIOS until end of life. o_O

Over and out . . .

Solution
In which slots did you install the RAM?

Why did you upgrade the BIOS while it was working stable?

Reflash the BIOS and set the xmp profile, save and reboot

willyburns

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
In which slots did you install the RAM?

Why did you upgrade the BIOS while it was working stable?

Reflash the BIOS and set the xmp profile, save and reboot

RAM is installed in the correct slots for quad channel memory, i.e., B1/A1 C1/D1 I.I. .I.I

I always update to the latest BIOS as I've read on counteless forums and watched many guides where they recommend to as best practice. Plus, it's supposed to provide the most stable version for the motherboard, right?

I'll try reflashing and see if that works.

Thanks for the reply :D