[SOLVED] Memory overclock on RTX 2080 Super

jacob.jolliff23

Honorable
Nov 4, 2017
I have a rtx 2080s and was overclocking to see how much more proformance i can get out of it. Im using MSI afterburner and got my core clock +125. and when i went to my Memory overclock i've gotten to +1100 without crashing msi kombuster. Im not sure if I should try to overclock the memory further

Solution
Then I'm pretty sure you have Samsung dies on your 2080 Super, some top out at +1350MHZ other like mine at around +1280MHz.

Run Heaven or some other Benchmark, if you start seeing artifacts, pull back the overclock a little. Depending on core overclock and Vcore headroom, you can lose performance otherwise.

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
Then I'm pretty sure you have Samsung dies on your 2080 Super, some top out at +1350MHZ other like mine at around +1280MHz.

Run Heaven or some other Benchmark, if you start seeing artifacts, pull back the overclock a little. Depending on core overclock and Vcore headroom, you can lose performance otherwise.

Solution

jacob.jolliff23

Honorable
Nov 4, 2017

Thanks didnt know if i should push it more but i managed to get to +1400Mhz