Question Memory overclocking question

Mar 31, 2019
Hello
I just recieved my trident z 3600 today
I went to the uefi bios enabled xmp
The memory immediately jumped to 3500ish mhz
While enabling xmp the uefi took permission to enable a dozen of other things including voltages and multiple cpu settings
Is that normal ?
Should i leave the xmp on forever without any worry ?

Mar 31, 2019
Odd, that board should support 3600mhz but the difference between that and your 35XXmhz would barely affect anything, at least gaming wise.
Actually its pretty close to 3600 its 3590 something well i could feel the difference from 2133 that is for sure faster switching between chrome and application speed is faster

WildCard999

Titan
Actually its pretty close to 3600 its 3590 something well i could feel the difference from 2133 that is for sure faster switching between chrome and application speed is faster
For general use the difference is noticeable but for gaming it doesn't really make that big of a difference. For example 2133 to 3200 may only be like 2-5 FPS whereas with AMD Ryzen it could be as high as 20 FPS. So yea with it being so close I wouldn't even worry about it and yes it's completely normal for XMP to not only adjust the speed but also voltage/timings/etc to meet the memory specifications.

Reactions: ivictori