[SOLVED] Memory Performing below potential

Tricky129

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
When I do the UserBenchmark test it says my memory is Performing below potential
Performing below potential (3rd percentile) - ensure that a dual+ channel XMP BIOS profile is enabled

Benchmark test - This bench: 54% / Great: 104%

PC Build:
Motherboard - Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO
CPU - Intel Core i7-7700K ( My Bench 97.7% / Great: 111%)
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1080-Ti ( My Bench 166% / Great: 178% )
SSD - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB ( My Bench 120% / Great: 125% )
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 4TB ( My Bench 95.1% / Great: 107% )
Memory - G.skill trident z rgb 16gb 3000mhz ( My Bench 54% / Great: 104%)

Last edited:
Solution
FIRST, make sure you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed.

Second, your memory should be installed in these two slots, ONLY, for a two module installation. See the middle illustration.

14ik1hv.jpg

With the power off and unplugged from the back of the machine, install the memory modules in those two slots. Then remove the CMOS battery for five minutes. During those five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds continuously. After the five minutes, reinstall the CMOS battery in the motherboard, reconnect power and power on the unit. Go into the BIOS and verify that the full amount of memory is showing and enable the XMP profile so it will run at the correct speed and...
FIRST, make sure you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed.

Second, your memory should be installed in these two slots, ONLY, for a two module installation. See the middle illustration.

14ik1hv.jpg

With the power off and unplugged from the back of the machine, install the memory modules in those two slots. Then remove the CMOS battery for five minutes. During those five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds continuously. After the five minutes, reinstall the CMOS battery in the motherboard, reconnect power and power on the unit. Go into the BIOS and verify that the full amount of memory is showing and enable the XMP profile so it will run at the correct speed and timings.

If you cannot get the system to boot with the memory installed in the A2 and B2 slots after resetting the CMOS then there is a problem with either the memory itself, bent CPU/motherboard pins or an issue with the mounting of your CPU cooler being tightened unevenly or too tight. There always exists a slight possibility of a problem with the motherboard, but you need to rule out every other option before you can determine that a faulty motherboard might be to blame.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS