[SOLVED] memory price seems to be in up cycle... are you guys hoarding RAM sticks?

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
do you think we are in for another RAM price crisis like before (I once bought $150/16GB)
I am thinking securing 16 GB more to make my computer 32, in case I need another computer in the near future - or DDR5 would come quicker than that time horizon? What do you think?

Solution
there isn't a finite amount of ram in the world (well, technically there might be but we haven't extracted every resource from earth yet) so people buying it doesn't mean that someone else can't, its not like Graphics cards or anything.

People buying it can horde all they like, it won't stop them making more.

is that 2x 8gb now? it gets tricky matching 2 different sets together, it can work but it can come with limitations too. Or cause errors. You better off buying 32gb instead of trying to upgrade previously bought ram.

Colif

Win 11 Master
there isn't a finite amount of ram in the world (well, technically there might be but we haven't extracted every resource from earth yet) so people buying it doesn't mean that someone else can't, its not like Graphics cards or anything.

People buying it can horde all they like, it won't stop them making more.

is that 2x 8gb now? it gets tricky matching 2 different sets together, it can work but it can come with limitations too. Or cause errors. You better off buying 32gb instead of trying to upgrade previously bought ram.

Solution