[SOLVED] Memory Problems with Asus X99 USB3.1

Mar 11, 2020
Hello,
i wanted to share my solution to memory issues on a Asus X99 Usb 3.1 Mainboard. Memory don't get recognized and Mainboard says error "53"
even
- Every Ram modul is working 100% correct

The solution was for me a combination of steps
-> update bios via USB and the 2019 .cab files (ASUS Flash Utilities in Bios)
-> set cpu/ram frequency to "AUTO"
-> remove every memory (and clean the slots with special compressed air for electronics)
-> put 1 (!) ram into C1 and press "memok" for 3 seconds (computer will restart 3,4 times) -> if pc boots u can continue - if not the modul seems to be not working)
-> put the next modul in D1 (and press memok for 3 seconds) , next is A1 then B1! (WATCH left and right side start with different numbers!)

I experienced the strange behaviour , that if u dont follow the order - nothing works - even the 2 moduls before were 100% correct and were recognized by the system.

Slots of Mainboard:
[A1 A2 B1 B2 D2 D1 C2 C1]

Solution
Hello,
i wanted to share my solution to memory issues on a Asus X99 Usb 3.1 Mainboard. Memory don't get recognized and Mainboard says error "53"
even

-> remove every memory (and clean the slots with special compressed air for electronics)
-> put 1 (!) ram into C1 and press "memok" for 3 seconds (computer will restart 3,4 times) -> if pc boots u can continue - if not the modul seems to be not working)
-> put the next modul in D1 (and press memok for 3 seconds) , next is A1 then B1! (WATCH left and right side start with different...
Mar 11, 2020
Hello,
even

-> put the next modul in D1 (and press memok for 3 seconds) , next is A1 then B1! (WATCH left and right side start with different numbers!)

I experienced the strange behaviour , that if u dont follow the order - nothing works - even the 2 moduls before were 100% correct and were recognized by the system.

Slots of Mainboard:
[A1 A2 B1 B2 D2 D1 C2 C1]

I hope this is usefull for somebody who dont get his mainboard to run - i saved myself a total pc upgrade with this "workarround". Even it makes no sense - the board is very sensible with the sequence of the ram slots.

Solution