Memory Question

I have a Dell 8200 with RDRAM. Is this type of RAM compatable with the
newer DDR RAM? It is so expensive (if it can be found) to buy RDRAM.

CK

"CCK" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have a Dell 8200 with RDRAM. Is this type of RAM compatable with the
> newer DDR RAM? It is so expensive (if it can be found) to buy RDRAM.
>
> CK

No. Completely different animal. And yes it is expensive, and was, even when
it wasn't.

www.4allmemory.com

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message

> "CCK" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >I have a Dell 8200 with RDRAM. Is this type of RAM compatable with the
> > newer DDR RAM? It is so expensive (if it can be found) to buy RDRAM.
> >
> > CK
> >

> No. Completely different animal. And yes it is expensive, and was, even
when
> it wasn't.
>
> www.4allmemory.com
>

> Stew

eBay's worth a look, I got 4 x512mb sticks (still factory sealed) for my
8200 for £350

Then I used eBay to sell the 4 x 256mb sticks I was replacing for £165.