tur595

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
Hello,

About 1 week ago I got my hands on acer predator helios 300. (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorhelios300 )
I set it up, formatted it a few times, played some games and all was okay. But 2-3 days ago I noticed some microstuttering and cpu clock speed fluctuation while playing forza horizon 4 . I lowered graphics settings to reach higher fps, then clock speed was okay. I thought that fluctuation was because of my undervolt settings and my friend recommended using aida64 to see if my settings are stable enough. This is where my problem starts. Upon launching aida, when its loading stuff I get bad pool caller bsod. Searched online for my problem and tried reseating ram sticks, going into safe mode and reinstalling windows. I was almost sure it was a software problem till I formatted my main drive because aida was running fine in safe mode. After reinstallation of windows when laptop restarted itself, I got another bsod: driver irql not less or equal. Now, I never encountered both bsod in any other program, these are specific for said actions. Event viewer has one critical event and I am certain it is realted to aida crash, details are as follows:

- <Event xmlns=" ">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>6</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-09-01T11:16:30.876938000Z" />

<EventRecordID>419</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-F45EG18</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">194</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x62</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Specs are: i7 9750h, 1660ti, 16gb ram, 256gb + 1tb nvme ssd.

Laptop had 256gb ssd by default, 1tb one installed by me. That is the only hardware change on this machine.

Last edited:

tur595

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
Would this happens also if you go back to the previous SSD ?
Haven't considered that option because as far as I searched online the error is a memory related problem. Should I give that a shot? But then why would it work properly in safe mode if second drive is the culprit?

Anything of problems may be due to RAM problem, I'm just curious why it seems to work so much better before you switched ssd - and therefore it's not the first thing I'll be looking for.

But - as anything else, it cannot be ruled out.

If you want to test the integrity of RAM, I suggest you go get Memtest86+, make a bootable usb drive, and let the test run overnight.

tur595

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
Anything of problems may be due to RAM problem, I'm just curious why it seems to work so much better before you switched ssd - and therefore it's not the first thing I'll be looking for.

But - as anything else, it cannot be ruled out.

If you want to test the integrity of RAM, I suggest you go get Memtest86+, make a bootable usb drive, and let the test run overnight.
I see. Maybe there is a problem with my storytelling and if so, sorry for that :) But I installed the second ssd on day one, so I cant say for sure if it was working okay with single ssd or not. I'll definitely look into memtest and update this post, it was on my list of troubleshooting.