Question Memory replacement

Skitting

Commendable
Sep 4, 2019
So I have a HP Elitebook 8440p, and I want to upgrade the amount of ram (max is 8gb). I want to know what the best ram is that I can buy (and is compatible). my budget is 300 new zealand dollars. I want 8gb of ram.

Maximum supported RAM speed on the laptop is the DDR3L PC-10600 (1333 MHz). As it is 4GB per slot you'll have to get two 4GB SODIMM modules. I would recommend going with Kingston, Crucial, or really just any reputable brand. As for the price, you should come in WELL less than 300 NZD. I don't imagine you'd even spend 100.

In fact, I found you a link to a reasonable 4 GB module, just get two of them.
https://pp.co.nz/product/ddr3-so-di...12800-cl11-1-35-v-unbuffered-non-ecc/AA93576/

It is 1600MHz RAM, but that doesn't really matter. If your system is capable of running it at 1600HMz it will, if it isn't it will just clock it at 1333MHz.

They have matched sets, but those are much more expensive than just buying two individual sticks, and two individual sticks shouldn't be a problem at all.

Hope that helps!

Skitting

Commendable
Sep 4, 2019
Maximum supported RAM speed on the laptop is the DDR3L PC-10600 (1333 MHz). As it is 4GB per slot you'll have to get two 4GB SODIMM modules. I would recommend going with Kingston, Crucial, or really just any reputable brand. As for the price, you should come in WELL less than 300 NZD. I don't imagine you'd even spend 100.

In fact, I found you a link to a reasonable 4 GB module, just get two of them.
https://pp.co.nz/product/ddr3-so-di...12800-cl11-1-35-v-unbuffered-non-ecc/AA93576/

It is 1600MHz RAM, but that doesn't really matter. If your system is capable of running it at 1600HMz it will, if it isn't it will just clock it at 1333MHz.

They have matched sets, but those are much more expensive than just buying two individual sticks, and two individual sticks shouldn't be a problem at all.

Hope that helps!
Ayyy thanks for this. Also the only thing I use my laptop is home for Minecraft, and it isn't really running too well on 4gb, so yeah probably gonna buy more ram. Also way cheaper than getting another pc

Skitting

Commendable
Sep 4, 2019

4745454b

Titan
It's a laptop. Generally you don't. I looked that model laptop up online because you failed to provide specs. Igp with really old cpu generally means bad gaming experience. Upping the ram probably won't help. I hate to say it but you need a new system. Even if you put a better cpu in there, there is no way to know if the cooling system you have can handle it. And you'll still be stuck using the igp in a first gem core cpu.

Skitting

Commendable
Sep 4, 2019
It's a laptop. Generally you don't. I looked that model laptop up online because you failed to provide specs. Igp with really old cpu generally means bad gaming experience. Upping the ram probably won't help. I hate to say it but you need a new system. Even if you put a better cpu in there, there is no way to know if the cooling system you have can handle it. And you'll still be stuck using the igp in a first gem core cpu.
Yeah, in saving up for a new PC, but I just thought I could upgrade the RAM while I wait