[SOLVED] Memory slots

Mar 25, 2020
My motherboards recommended slots for ram are 2 and 4. It only works when i put them together anywhere IE, 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4. Could this cause performance issues? I ran tests and it said my ram was in the 1st percentile compared to other systems. I have a z170a gaming pro by msi and the ram is patriot ddr4 2400mhz 2x4g sticks

Solution
My motherboards recommended slots for ram are 2 and 4. It only works when i put them together anywhere IE, 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4. Could this cause performance issues? I ran tests and it said my ram was in the 1st percentile compared to other systems. I have a z170a gaming pro by msi and the ram is patriot ddr4 2400mhz 2x4g sticks
Dual channel performance is not noticeably different for gaming and office type tasks. Just use it where it works.

You should check to see that your memory is running at 2400MHz though and has not defaulted to a lower value.

Where did you run your tests and get 1st percentile performance, and were all the CPUs identical? Your CPU will make a far greater difference in most of those kind of tests.

RealBeast

Titan
Dual channel performance is not noticeably different for gaming and office type tasks. Just use it where it works.

You should check to see that your memory is running at 2400MHz though and has not defaulted to a lower value.

Where did you run your tests and get 1st percentile performance, and were all the CPUs identical? Your CPU will make a far greater difference in most of those kind of tests.

Solution
Mar 25, 2020

cpus are identical. It says my ram is running at the correct speed but im getting considerably less performance in every game, to the point where they’re unplayable

RealBeast

Titan
cpus are identical. It says my ram is running at the correct speed but im getting considerably less performance in every game, to the point where they’re unplayable
And the rest of my comment: Where did you run your tests and get 1st percentile performance, and were all the CPUs identical? Your CPU will make a far greater difference in most of those kind of tests.

Mar 25, 2020
And the rest of my comment: Where did you run your tests and get 1st percentile performance, and were all the CPUs identical? Your CPU will make a far greater difference in most of those kind of tests.
I ran them on userbenchmark. And yes all the cpu's were identical. Plus I dont have a low end cpu so it wouldnt matter anyways